Author Topic: Delicious roasted cauliflower soup  (Read 11542 times)

Offline onawhim

• The Runners
Re: Delicious roasted cauliflower soup
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2013, 02:34:24 PM »
Coconut cream or milk
Because PANTS

Offline harmony

• Help me, I'm melting....
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2013, 08:41:49 PM »
Wow, that sounds good.  On the list!

tpedge

Delicious roasted cauliflower soup
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2013, 07:35:53 PM »
Thanks Lintu.  I just made this today and it is fantastic!

Offline caito

• The Runners
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2013, 06:15:08 PM »
I made this today!  Well, a modified version.

I used a lot of garlic, chicken stock, and no cheese.  I think it's great!  I went heavy on the olive oil when I roasted the cauliflower, and I let it roast long enough to get some charr on the edges.  Yum.

I don't miss the cheese, but another ingredient to try to add to make it richer could be potatoes or white beans. 
"Libs are all pro-choice until it comes to something important like trash service."

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2013, 04:44:37 PM »
Gonna make it tonight, i have some cheddar cashew cheeze that i made earlier in the week, so i will report back, :)
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2013, 06:02:20 PM »
It was awesome! DD ate two bowls!
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline diablita

• The Runners
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2013, 07:47:23 PM »
oh good!
"Some things you just need to do for yourself, even if it means nicking your nads."  --nneJ

Offline caito

• The Runners
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2013, 09:40:51 PM »
I am really obsessed with this soup.  It's even better the 2nd day.  I'm going to make more probably on Friday.  :D
"Libs are all pro-choice until it comes to something important like trash service."

Offline Lintu

• Passed on to another Brane
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2013, 02:43:33 PM »
:D  I'm glad I'm not the only one wanting to make it again quickly.  I'm doing a dairy-free trial at the moment to see if it helps the baby's reflux and I think soups (without the cheese, sadly) will be a mainstay...
"Girl. You are fine. You do not take instructions from a nun at a T stop." - Caito

Offline monster2

• Help me, I'm melting....
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2013, 04:45:40 PM »
I may not try this again immediately but I am struck by Caito's idea of substituting white beans, those are one of my new fav things to eat so this sounds good!

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2013, 01:53:52 PM »
I'm wfh and I think I'll make this today. I have some broccoli that needs using, maybe I'll toss that in too.

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2013, 10:46:21 AM »
So I made this last night and... I thought it was ok. I didn't have cheddar so I left that out. I tried it plain and found it a little bland. So, I ate two bowls and played around with a couple of different things. One I did with truffle oil and finley chopped, roasted, salty hazlenuts. The other I did with some parmesan. I might try it today with some fage. I think it needs some acid or something. Both the versions I tried were pretty good. Not sure it's worth the roasting step though.

Offline witchypoo

• The Runners
  • benign librarian overlord
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2013, 10:53:26 AM »
So I made this last night and... I thought it was ok. I didn't have cheddar so I left that out. I tried it plain and found it a little bland. So, I ate two bowls and played around with a couple of different things. One I did with truffle oil and finley chopped, roasted, salty hazlenuts. The other I did with some parmesan. I might try it today with some fage. I think it needs some acid or something. Both the versions I tried were pretty good. Not sure it's worth the roasting step though.

i squeezled (typo; i like it) a lemon over the cauliflower prior to roasting (because i like squeezling lemon on veggies prior to roasting).

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2013, 11:52:36 AM »
i used cashew cheeze in mine and that is basically cashews + acid (ACV and/or lemon juice).

Offline Lintu

• Passed on to another Brane
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2013, 05:06:33 PM »

Truffle oil...mmmmmm!
"Girl. You are fine. You do not take instructions from a nun at a T stop." - Caito

+-SUPPORT US