Author Topic: Roasted vegetables!!!!  (Read 11085 times)

Offline radial

• Passed on to another Brane
  • Non Sine Causa
Re: Roasted vegetables!!!!
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2012, 08:10:28 PM »
In our farm share box this week was a container of big plum tomatoes.  I just placed them in a casserole dish with a bunch of whole cloves of garlic, olive oil, salt & pepper and slow roasted it at 325 for 2 hours.  I'm now eating some with last night's leftover eggplant (also from the farm share) and a tofurkey Italian sausage.  Delicious.

I've got a chicken and vegetable stew on the stove right now, and the aroma is making me ravenous.  But your food sounds even better.  Yum.

Offline diablita

• The Runners
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2012, 09:11:44 PM »
Isn't it amazing how good, simple food can be so delicious?  I hope your chicken was good.
"Some things you just need to do for yourself, even if it means nicking your nads."  --nneJ

Offline radial

• Passed on to another Brane
  • Non Sine Causa
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2012, 09:34:39 PM »
Isn't it amazing how good, simple food can be so delicious?  I hope your chicken was good.

I burned my tongue because I just couldn't wait for it to cool down.  Going back for a seconds in just a minute.  I'm usually too lazy to bother, but tonight I staged things so that the various vegetables and fresh herbs were added at just the right moment so that everything peaked at the same time.  So good.

Offline cgraz

• The Runners
  • Invisible since 2001.
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2012, 06:27:33 AM »
We have been roasting everything lately - cauliflower & broccoli together, sweet potatoes & onions, and even carrots. They are best when you let them stay in extra long. One of our friends "burned" her roasted carrots because she forgot about them and we all agreed they were the best ever! So the trick is to be patient when it comes to roasting.  :d
This space for rent.

+-SUPPORT US