Author Topic: Apple Crisp  (Read 9002 times)

Offline Suesquatch

• Administrator
Apple Crisp
« on: October 07, 2012, 02:34:52 PM »
I need a recipe.  Thanks.

:)

Offline caribougrrl

• Passed on to another Brane
Re: Apple Crisp
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 07:49:03 PM »
apples, cored and peeled or unpeeled, either on their own or with some chopped dried fruit (apricots are good), enough to fill the bottom of the dish you are using... for the crisp: butter, oats, brown sugar, chopped nuts (or not), seeds (or not); rubbed together until crumbly and spread over the fruit; bake until done

Offline BonitaApplebum

• Alpha Food Geek
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 08:18:10 PM »
Yep, mine is kind of like 'bou's. Just what I have -- I chop apples, toss in brown sugar. Then on top I will do a sugar crumbly topping, but I use butter, brown sugar, and flour crumbled together.

Offline Suesquatch

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 08:49:26 PM »
Thanks.  I used Ina Garten's but without the zest and juice or an orange and lemon.  I tossed in a Tbsp of bottled lemon juice and called it done.  It was veerrrry good.  The baby likes it.  And my mashed potatoes.  And roast beef.  And brisket. 

:D

Offline Courtney

• The Runners
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 10:29:02 AM »
Yep, mine is kind of like 'bou's. Just what I have -- I chop apples, toss in brown sugar. Then on top I will do a sugar crumbly topping, but I use butter, brown sugar, and flour crumbled together.

I made apple crisp on saturday...  someone gave us a bunch of apples from his tree, and they were SO good. 

I did apples, tossed in cinnamon, brown sugar, and a tiny bit of nutmeg.  I put a little water in the dish.  Then I top it with an oat topping.  Mine was 1 cup oats, 1 cup flour (I ground up more oats, since I can't do gluten), 1 cup sugar, and a stick of melted butter.  God DAMN.  It was good stuff. 

I have two full grocery bags of apples to use in the next week or so, so I'll make another pan for work, and maybe some apple bread of some sort. 

+-SUPPORT US