Author Topic: Breakfast: really the most important meal of the day? Or important at all?  (Read 10553 times)

Offline The Turtle Whisperer

• Passed on to another Brane
  • has no fucks to give
Re: Breakfast: really the most important meal of the day? Or important at all?
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2016, 08:30:21 AM »

The energy bars aren't a lot different.  Mostly the same ingredients with the addition of pumpkin seeds and cashews
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 08:33:15 AM by The Turtle Whisperer »
People put a lot less effort into picking apart evidence that confirms what they already believe.

The money is in the division. Always has been, always will be. Divide and rule, the politician cries; unite and lead, is the watchword of the wise.

Offline diablita

• The Runners
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2016, 10:52:08 AM »
I can't eat right when I wake up, but I do get hungry within an hour or so.  That works perfectly as I drive DD to school to arrive by 7:30ish, so as soon as I drop her off I'm ready.  Because I have to eat a lot of protein, I'll sometimes drink a protein drink (I mix SFH Pure Whey protein with water) during the drive, then eat eggs a couple of hours later or vice versa.
"Some things you just need to do for yourself, even if it means nicking your nads."  --nneJ

Offline LizardMixture

• NTTAWWT
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2016, 10:07:41 PM »
I don't think it ruins metabolism to skip breakfast.

If I don't stay ahead of hunger I make poor choices about what to eat. Eating small meals frequently makes a big difference. It does sometimes mean eating when I'm not hungry yet.

This. I've been grazing a lot, and I've already lost a couple of pounds by not making bad choices when I'm out.

Offline Magic Microbe

• The Runners
  • Californiaing Arizona since 2018
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2016, 10:54:15 AM »
If one is trying to lose weight I think breakfast is very important. That is one big change I made when I lost a ton of weight years ago. I also think that not being hungry before noon is probably a big sign that one overate the prior day. I understand peoples bodies are all different but a lot of us have also fucked up our hunger signals so they no longer function correctly.

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2016, 11:18:42 AM »
I don't think my actual hunger cues work all that well. But, if I eat on a fairly strict schedule, my body adjusts to that and then I am hungry at that time no matter what.

Offline crazypants

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2016, 09:38:42 AM »
I'm usually hungry when I wake up. I usually work out and walk and feed the dog before I eat and even then it's a small breakfast of kale salad and a protein of some sort like eggs or meat.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Offline wherestheportojohn

« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2016, 06:50:52 PM »
Coffee! Food! Coffee! Food!
On, Wisconsin

+-SUPPORT US