Author Topic: I’m making risotto, but with sushi rice  (Read 6272 times)

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
Re: I’m making risotto, but with sushi rice
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2020, 07:10:42 PM »
I have made a simple risotto in the IP and was very happy! https://therecipewell.com/instant-pot-lemon-asparagus-risotto/

I have made it a few times actually.
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline DocBuzzkill

• Help me, I'm melting....
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2020, 07:05:58 AM »
This will be my first IP attempt. I'll report back Monday after giving it a go.

Hope it doesn't disappoint! :)

Lately, I've been using 1/2 cup wine, 3 cups broth, 6 minutes under high pressure, then 5 minutes natural release followed by a quick release of the remaining pressure.  The texture is a bit better. 

My husband recently made an excellent chicken and prosciutto risotto that was delicious.

#notallprogressives

Offline Ice Cream

• The Runners
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2020, 10:12:36 AM »

Lately, I've been using 1/2 cup wine, 3 cups broth, 6 minutes under high pressure, then 5 minutes natural release followed by a quick release of the remaining pressure.  The texture is a bit better. 

My husband recently made an excellent chicken and prosciutto risotto that was delicious.

I have been thinking of prosciutto and risotto. 

I made one the other day adding drained, diced canned tomatoes, dried oregano, and tuna fish at the end. It was excellent for a dinner made with what I had in the house.

Offline BonitaApplebum

• Alpha Food Geek
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2021, 06:05:27 PM »
I am making risotto tonight! With pork loin and asparagus. Yum.

Offline i am party

• The Runners
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2021, 02:07:08 PM »

I used wine that I happened to have around, and it was sweeter wine than I typically like. The recipe worked, but I think drier wine next time will make it even better.

I'll try it again next weekend.

+-SUPPORT US