Author Topic: Food Log Thread: What are you eating today?  (Read 24340 times)

Offline MiniDriver

• Passed on to another Brane
Food Log Thread: What are you eating today?
« on: February 04, 2013, 09:09:50 AM »
In Sue's thread, a couple of people mentioned it might be helpful to have a thread to share what we're eating for accountability.  And, when we get off track others can gently suggest changes.  I've gotten very sloppy about snacking, mainly on grains and need to get back on track.

Today's meals:

Hashbrowns (1 cup grated sweet potato, 1/4 cup diced onions/peppers, 1/4 cup sliced cherry tomatoes)
Banana

Apple

Vegan American Chop Suey (Vegan sausage, macaroni, diced tomatoes w/chilis, kidney beans)

Apple

Mexican Skillet Pie
2 Medjool Dates

I'm hoping to break the habit of grabbing a couple of slices of bread or some crackers after dinner.  Gotta get back into the habit of brushing my teeth right after dinner.

Exercise:
2.5 mile walk home from work
30 minutes on bike trainer
#minidriverisagenius

Shut up mini. Just because google changed it, doesn't mean in elementary school, we got it wrong.

She's an awful, awful human being.

I tend to trust Mini on these issues
Mini is so smart!

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
Re: Food Log Thread: What are you eating today?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 09:48:01 AM »
So far today:
tofu scramble
2 oz OJ (to take my liquid vitamins in, cannot stomach them straight up :D )
1 tea, nothing added

Sick with a cold so long run nixed and I walked on the TM for quite awhile, 5-6 miles. (my TM is not calibrated properly).

1 pink lady apple post workout.
2 bottles of water.

Lunch-- big bowl of hot and sour soup
chickpea salad
1 bottle water
apple

tahini carrot salad with tofu, sunflower seeds and raisins
apple

Will come back and add as I eat today. Day off today, so hoping to do a big batch of cooking.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 07:24:31 AM by merigayle »
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

jomike

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 10:13:12 AM »
So far: 2 coffees, .75L water, banana.  (Mornings usually aren't too bad; the horror comes later.)

Couldn't get outta bed at 4:30, so no run today  :-[

Offline Clementine

• I Can't now, I'm Busy Posting
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 10:22:28 AM »
Today's Plan:

Breakfast: 1/3 cup oats, 1/2 gala apple, 1/2 granny smith, cinnamon (microwaved in water), 1/2 grapefruit

Lunch: Black Bean and Artichoke Pasta Medley (http://www.sharp.com/nutrition/bean-pasta-artichoke-medley.cfm), homemade cheesy garlic dinner roll, 1/2 cucumber

Dinner: Mexican Corn and Bean Soup (essentially this: http://www.myrecipes.com/m/recipe/mexican-corn-bean-soup-10000000577219/) with tortilla strips and green onion, baby carrots, 3 ginger snaps

Snacks: homemade lowfat, vegan banana muffin, gala apple

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 10:45:27 AM »
I am currently targetting 1600-2000 cal/day (depending on how much I excercise). Today will be a lower calorie range day.

Breakfast: 1/2 cup fiber cereal, 2tbs granola, 1 cup coconut milk, 1/2 cup frozen raspberries. Fruit. Big glass of water.
Snack: Smallish orange, 1/4 cup almonds
Lunch: leftovers from the whole foods hot bar a few bites of each of the following: potato samosa, paneer curry, spicy collard green stew, sweet potato tots, and lentil stew.
PM snack: 6oz 2% greek yogurt + 1/2 cup homemade applesauce
pre-workout snack: pb & j sandwich + small apple (I use sara lee delightful bread- it's 90 calories for two small slices)
Dinner- Not sure yet... probably a black bean veggie burger with 1 slice of 2% cheese, ketchup & mustard, pickles, side of sauteed peppers & onions, and a side salad.  (no bun)

I still measure most of my portions. It's just easier for me to do it that way. Otherwise, I am really bad about sneaking in just a bit extra and, before I know it, my portions are all way more than I need.

Excercise: 3 miles + 75 minutes of yoga
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 11:33:54 AM by Run Amok »

Offline Mom of Scooby

• The Runners
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 10:45:55 AM »
I wish you people would all just join my fitness pal and we could friend each other.. it would be so much easier..

I had my trainer this morning..

So far I have had 2 hard boiled eggs.. since no home breakfast...
3 prunes, a string cheese and a chobani pear yogurt..

For lunch I have 3 oz turkey breast on pumpernickel bread with lettuce and tomato and pepper strips..

Afternoon snack is 7 ounce non fat cottage cheese with strawberries and if I run after work, either 15 almonds or a tbs peanut butter pre run and then apple post run..

Dinner will be 6 oz (or equivalent of 2 protein servings what ever I have) and veggies and salad..

I know this looks like a butt load of food, but I am losing stedily on this plan and it's from my nutritionist.

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2013, 11:16:40 AM »
I know this looks like a butt load of food, but I am losing stedily on this plan and it's from my nutritionist.

:skep:

Looks very healthy to me. Not like too much food. It also looks a lot like the plan I follow- lean protein + fruits & veggies+ a little healthy fat and a moderate amount of carbs. That is what I lose eating also!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 11:34:57 AM by Run Amok »

Offline caito

• The Runners
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2013, 11:29:28 AM »
I wish you people would all just join my fitness pal and we could friend each other.. it would be so much easier..

I had my trainer this morning..

So far I have had 2 hard boiled eggs.. since no home breakfast...
3 prunes, a string cheese and a chobani pear yogurt..

For lunch I have 3 oz turkey breast on pumpernickel bread with lettuce and tomato and pepper strips..

Afternoon snack is 7 ounce non fat cottage cheese with strawberries and if I run after work, either 15 almonds or a tbs peanut butter pre run and then apple post run..

Dinner will be 6 oz (or equivalent of 2 protein servings what ever I have) and veggies and salad..

This does not look like a butt load of food at all!  You're losing steadily because it's healthful and appropriately sized for your activity level.

Brutal honesty here:   Sometimes threads like this bother me because it seems like at times it's a "who ate the least" contest.   And that's not healthy and it's not sustainable.  Not eating enough to fuel your workouts or just your regular day is pretty much just setting yourself to fall into old habits. 

I like the accountability and motivation of threads, but I hope this one doesn't turn into a "I only ate 1200 calories today and ran 4 miles!" thing.

"Libs are all pro-choice until it comes to something important like trash service."

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2013, 11:39:54 AM »

I'm on there but I couldn't find you... my name on there is alpenboarder

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2013, 11:44:50 AM »
This does not look like a butt load of food at all!  You're losing steadily because it's healthful and appropriately sized for your activity level.

Brutal honesty here:   Sometimes threads like this bother me because it seems like at times it's a "who ate the least" contest.   And that's not healthy and it's not sustainable.  Not eating enough to fuel your workouts or just your regular day is pretty much just setting yourself to fall into old habits. 

I like the accountability and motivation of threads, but I hope this one doesn't turn into a "I only ate 1200 calories today and ran 4 miles!" thing.
i agree. i am open to looking into that app if everyone is on board with that. I am not sure how that works.

I do not always like threads like this, but i am really trying so hard to lose weight and not doing too good of a job, so i will post today and go from there :)
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline Mom of Scooby

• The Runners
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2013, 11:54:00 AM »
I'm on there but I couldn't find you... my name on there is alpenboarder

I can't find you either and you can send thru fb.. but I don't think we are friends on FB... I will look for you on FB and friend you, but you need to request me through my email, curlygirl61@gmail.com

Offline cgraz

• The Runners
  • Invisible since 2001.
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2013, 11:55:55 AM »
I don't want to post my food, because I eat ordinary things like English muffins with peanut butter, and tuna sandwiches.  :P
This space for rent.

Offline Mom of Scooby

• The Runners
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2013, 11:56:06 AM »

I agree with this... about the lower calorie stuff... it doesn't work either..

But anyway.. my plan from my nutritionist is geared toward leaning out.. so it's a little protein heavy and lower carb.. when I plug it in at the end of the day my percentages are over on the protein and under on the carbs...

I'm not sure how it's going to work in the next cycle because I'm 11 weeks out from a half and my mileage is going up so I will probably have to add an evening carb, which I do not have now.

Offline Mom of Scooby

• The Runners
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2013, 11:56:38 AM »
I don't want to post my food, because I eat ordinary things like English muffins with peanut butter, and tuna sandwiches.  :P

OMG.. so do I.  That's what this is for!!!!!  I eat full calorie bread at my lunch!!!

Offline caito

• The Runners
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2013, 11:57:15 AM »

Me too.   And I eat more than 2,000 calories/day!   
"Libs are all pro-choice until it comes to something important like trash service."

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2013, 11:58:32 AM »
downloading it to my iPhone as we speak.

Offline cgraz

• The Runners
  • Invisible since 2001.
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2013, 11:58:50 AM »
I don't even know how many calories I eat!  :panic:

This space for rent.

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2013, 12:03:08 PM »

Thank you for saying this!

Nothing wrong with either of those things.

If it makes you feel any better I ate an ice cream cone fri night. And nachos for lunch saturday. Half a leftover "naked burrito" from qdoba for breakfast, a pretzle at the movies, whole foods hot bar for lunch, Curry for dinner last night, shared dessert... and had a drink.

Weeekdays I keep it pretty simple though.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2013, 12:05:43 PM »
If it makes any of you feel better, i eat really well and still can't lose weight ;)

With this app, if i friend you, will it share my weight?

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2013, 12:11:29 PM »

I have been waiting to get yelled at by you for weeks!  :d

...and honestly, it would help me to see what people like you eat, because you work out a lot and maintain a healthy weight. When I started running into some issues I realized that I probably wasn't eating enough calories and, honestly, it shocked the hell out of me to find out that I needed to be eating closer to 2k/cal/day to maintain. It's a pretty significant mindset shift to go from eating to lose weight to eating to maintain + workout. So, I'm trying... but seeing how people who are already good at it, do it, is very helpful.

Offline cgraz

• The Runners
  • Invisible since 2001.
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2013, 12:14:09 PM »
Alrighty, then...

Breakfast - coffee w/half & half, honey wheat English muffin with peanut butter - this is my standard breakfast, forever. I use 1 tbsp of peanut butter and it's the perfect amount. Today I also had an unsweetened applesauce cup because I was still a little hungry.

Lunch - about to make a tuna sandwich, in a pocket. Arnold makes these nice soft pockets and they are not too big and not too small. I like them better than the sandwich thins, because they are softer. I'll probably have carrot sticks and string cheese with it. Maybe some wheat thins crackers, because I like those with the cheese. I might also have a few chocolately Goldfish, because I usually enjoy a little bite of something sweet after a meal.

Not sure yet about dinner...I have leftovers to choose from: roasted chicken with a bunch of different veggies, or beef & veggie chili (no beans). We'll see what I feel like when I get home.

I don't snack much but I have a long drive later, so I might bring a small baggie of pistachios. Salty and satisfying, plus shelling them takes time so it cuts down on the potential for mindless shoveling.  :D And of course, plenty of DFW. I don't drink soda, so with most meals I have some seltzer with lemon.
This space for rent.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2013, 12:14:27 PM »
And then i have a mystery body. Eat too much gain weight, eat too little maybe lose, not much grey in between. I have played with trying every amount of calories consumed and the only way my body loses weight is with lower calories. My running coach, years ago, when i first worked with her put me on a low carb diet for 3 months and i lost 2 lbs total. The only time i lost a lot of weight was when i was doing macrobiotics, but i spent 3 hours a day cooking, really not an option and i try to stick to those principals, but it just does not seem to make a difference.

Offline LizardMixture

• NTTAWWT
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2013, 12:20:36 PM »
OK here goes. Maybe you guys can help me figure out why I always seem to be starving lately.

Breakfast: Wheat Chex with soymilk and protein powder. Carrot/strawberry/apple juice (from my new juicer!!)
was starving so I had another bowl of cereal w/soymilk & powder. Also coffee.

Lunch: Thinking salad with chicken and a roll.

Snack: Wheat thins and cheese, another veggie/fruit juice.

Dinner: Probably chicken enchiladas w/ a side salad.

Ex: Walk away the pounds for 30 min with 5lb weights.

Snack: probably nut bar, maybe juice.

I do the WAPT thing every day with my Mom. It seems like I've been STARVING since I added the 5lb weights. I'm hoping it's not the juice (blood sugar?) since I'm trying to eat more veggies and this really helps.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2013, 12:40:04 PM »
juicing will give you nutrients but it takes out all the fiber which would keep you feeling fuller.

Offline LizardMixture

• NTTAWWT
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2013, 12:47:04 PM »
juicing will give you nutrients but it takes out all the fiber which would keep you feeling fuller.

I think I should be ok on fiber since I'm juicing in addition to eating what I would eat normally, just trying to improve the overall picture. So it's not one of those juice fasts  :nono:

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2013, 12:51:44 PM »
I think I should be ok on fiber since I'm juicing in addition to eating what I would eat normally, just trying to improve the overall picture. So it's not one of those juice fasts  :nono:
i know, but juicing will leave you hungry vs eating all those veggies in a salad, etc.

Offline MiniDriver

« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2013, 01:09:31 PM »
When I enter calories in my fitnesspal or other calorie counters, I'm certain it is an underestimate.   I have no idea of the exact serving size and exact amount of each ingredient in each serving.  So I guestimate portions and hope for the best.  I assume my actual calories are 3-500 calories higher than the calorie counter suggests.  Sometimes I do the total number of calories in the recipe and divide by number of servings, but even that's inexact. 

Lizard, what's your water intake?
#minidriverisagenius

Shut up mini. Just because google changed it, doesn't mean in elementary school, we got it wrong.

Mini is so smart!

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2013, 01:11:19 PM »
I use the spark people recipe calculator.

Offline Courtney

• The Runners
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2013, 01:12:24 PM »

I agree, and I also don't like the whole "I was bad and ate X" mentality. 

I probably should just bow out now, this is triggering for me. 

Offline debbatx

« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2013, 01:22:02 PM »

Yeah - it's interesting to read, but since I'm not trying to lose right now, it's stressing me out and making me want to go buy a binge. One question, though, for MoS - do you actually weigh out the 3 oz of turkey or whatever? If so, how - do you use a kitchen scale or preportioned stuff, or what?
"The moral of this story, Jamers, is time goes poof, so don't let anyone mess with what time you have." - RioG

Offline Mom of Scooby

• The Runners
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2013, 01:25:41 PM »
Yeah - it's interesting to read, but since I'm not trying to lose right now, it's stressing me out and making me want to go buy a binge. One question, though, for MoS - do you actually weigh out the 3 oz of turkey or whatever? If so, how - do you use a kitchen scale or preportioned stuff, or what?

I do weigh my protein if I am home and able because I have a problem with portion control.

Offline Mom of Scooby

• The Runners
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2013, 01:27:09 PM »

Yeah.. Iknow what you mean...

Offline debbatx

« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2013, 01:35:04 PM »
So, a kitchen scale, then? Thanks! I'll have to investigate options in that area. I suspect my portions will be an issue post-baby.
"The moral of this story, Jamers, is time goes poof, so don't let anyone mess with what time you have." - RioG

Offline nadra24

• The Runners
  • Quacker's Boss
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2013, 01:38:55 PM »

Well if it makes you feel better, I had an Egg McMuffin, a large Diet Coke, and a rice krispy treat for breakfast today.  I don't feel bad about it.  (well, maybe the soda, but I also drank 1/2 of my liter water bottle before I drank it).  I haven't decided yet what I'm having for lunch, but there will probably be another rice krispy treat.   I eat sweets every day and don't feel guilty.  I haven't been as good on my produce intake as of late, which I should do better on, but I still don't feel overly guilty about it.  Life's too short.

signed, nadra24 RD

Offline Mom of Scooby

• The Runners
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2013, 01:39:26 PM »
So, a kitchen scale, then? Thanks! I'll have to investigate options in that area. I suspect my portions will be an issue post-baby.

I got one at target.. it was not expensive but a little nicer than the cheap ones I always bought.. I think I paid about $20 for it.. It's digital and easy and it has like a round glass plate... It's cinchy to use and I just leave it out.. I only weight my protein... I pretty much eat as much veggies and salad as I want.. I guesstimate but I don't think eating 3.5 cups vs 3 cups of salad is going to kill me!

Offline debbatx

« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2013, 01:40:21 PM »
Awesome, thanks!! Yeah, I don't worry too much about produce, either.

Offline nadra24

• The Runners
  • Quacker's Boss
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2013, 01:44:08 PM »

I have a kitchen scale I bought at Target for like $20.  I find it especially useful for making sure my protein portions are large enough when I am counting calories. I weigh a lot of stuff that most people would probably use measuring cups for, because I think it's easier to just spoon stuff like yogurt into a bowl and weigh it than it is to clean out a measuring cup. 

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2013, 01:45:06 PM »
I have a digital kitchen scale as well.

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2013, 02:39:15 PM »

I'm curious what about this thread is triggering for you? I don't see anyone doing the "I eat the least" or "I ate x and was bad" thing here. I see that a lot in the other thread... (and am certainly guilty of it myself sometimes) but not here.

Offline LizardMixture

• NTTAWWT
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2013, 02:52:39 PM »
i know, but juicing will leave you hungry vs eating all those veggies in a salad, etc.

Ok will add more actual veggies.

Lizard, what's your water intake?

I feel like I sip tons of water throughout the day. Maybe not enough. But good lord I already have to pee constantly!

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2013, 03:05:42 PM »
I would try cutting out the juice for a few days and see if you return to normal.

Also, have you switched anything else up, like medication, lately? I took some alergy medicine (zyrtec maybe?) in the fall that turned me into a bottomless pit overnight. I was starving and had zero self control... like to the point it was a little scary because I couldn't stop myself from eating even though I was physically full. Anyway... something else to think about.

Offline LizardMixture

• NTTAWWT
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2013, 04:43:11 PM »
I would try cutting out the juice for a few days and see if you return to normal.

Also, have you switched anything else up, like medication, lately? I took some alergy medicine (zyrtec maybe?) in the fall that turned me into a bottomless pit overnight. I was starving and had zero self control... like to the point it was a little scary because I couldn't stop myself from eating even though I was physically full. Anyway... something else to think about.

No new medication. It's been since before the juice. I feel like it's been since I started incorporating weights in my workout. I'm hoping my body just gets used to it. I guess I'll just try increasing the protein and cutting out the juice.

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2013, 04:53:17 PM »
Do you eat something right after you workout? I've found that since I started eating a snack immediately after working out, I don't end up as hungry. Within 15 minutes of being done is best.

Offline all-smiles

• The Runners
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2013, 05:35:55 PM »
Breakfast was an omelet with ham and veggies and lots of hot sauce!
Snack was about 15 smoked almonds
Lunch was 1.5 grilled boneless skinless chicken thighs and roasted broccoli with 5 bites of peach pie 0:)
Aft snack is a Fuji apple with almond butter with sea salt

Dinner plan is three baby portobellos stuffed with sausage spinanch and peppers
Sufficient unto the day is one baby. As long as you are in your right mind don't you ever pray for twins. Twins amount to a permanent riot; and there ain't any real difference between triplets and a insurrection.
- Mark Twain

Offline LizardMixture

• NTTAWWT
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2013, 06:57:02 PM »
Do you eat something right after you workout? I've found that since I started eating a snack immediately after working out, I don't end up as hungry. Within 15 minutes of being done is best.

Not right away.... I work out in the evening so I just make dinner after, but I'm actually not that hungry by then (as I've been eating all damn day!) I usually get really hungry between lunch and dinner. I've been trying to increase my protein intake- it seems like if I don't have mostly protein, some starch and some veggies I might as well have lunch #2.

Ok so since I keep derailing the thread:

Breakfast #1: Chex wheat cereal, soymilk, protein powder. Veggie/fruit juice
Breakfast #2: Chex wheat cereal, soymilk, protein powder. Coffee
Lunch: pasta w/chicken, asparagus, tomatoes. water
Snack: nut bar. water
Dinner: will be chicken enchiladas, salad
snack: couple pieces of chocolate.

I guess 5 meals is kinda normal if you're working out pretty consistently. It's just annoying to eat and then start getting hungry around an hour later. And forget having just a salad for lunch which is what I feel I should be eating.

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2013, 07:09:51 PM »
I can't do salad for lunch. For dinner,yes, but not for lunch.

Offline Mom of Scooby

• The Runners
« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2013, 08:35:46 PM »
Not right away.... I work out in the evening so I just make dinner after, but I'm actually not that hungry by then (as I've been eating all damn day!) I usually get really hungry between lunch and dinner. I've been trying to increase my protein intake- it seems like if I don't have mostly protein, some starch and some veggies I might as well have lunch #2.

Ok so since I keep derailing the thread:

Breakfast #1: Chex wheat cereal, soymilk, protein powder. Veggie/fruit juice
Breakfast #2: Chex wheat cereal, soymilk, protein powder. Coffee
Lunch: pasta w/chicken, asparagus, tomatoes. water
Snack: nut bar. water
Dinner: will be chicken enchiladas, salad
snack: couple pieces of chocolate.

I guess 5 meals is kinda normal if you're working out pretty consistently. It's just annoying to eat and then start getting hungry around an hour later. And forget having just a salad for lunch which is what I feel I should be eating.

I eat 8 meals.. of course a "meal" could be an apple..

In that course I took a few months ago at work, called energy for life..There was a nutritionist who said to eat every 3-4 hours... and, if your body is fueling properly and your metabolism is working right you should get hungry in about 2.5-3 hours... She basically said you should be able to tell time by your hunger...

Look at it this way, your metabolism is like  camp fire.. you need to keep putting kindling on/in it to keep going and functioning properly.

Offline Suesquatch

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2013, 08:41:30 PM »
I ate badly today.

:-[

Offline caito

• The Runners
« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2013, 09:25:02 PM »
I eat 8 meals.. of course a "meal" could be an apple..

In that course I took a few months ago at work, called energy for life..There was a nutritionist who said to eat every 3-4 hours... and, if your body is fueling properly and your metabolism is working right you should get hungry in about 2.5-3 hours... She basically said you should be able to tell time by your hunger...

Look at it this way, your metabolism is like  camp fire.. you need to keep putting kindling on/in it to keep going and functioning properly.

Nancy Clark told me the same thing basically.  She said when you're fueling properly you get hungry about every 4 hours.   And that if you completely satisfy your hunger with your meal, you are less likely to graze/snack/constantly think about food/overeat later on.

Offline cgraz

• The Runners
  • Invisible since 2001.
Food Log Thread: What are you eating today?
« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2013, 09:38:31 PM »
I ate badly today.

:-[

Today is over. Tomorrow is an opportunity to eat good stuff that makes you feel better.
This space for rent.

Offline caito

• The Runners
« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2013, 09:39:04 PM »
Today is over. Tomorrow is an opportunity to eat good stuff that makes you feel better.

:)

Offline RioG

• The Runners
« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2013, 09:42:40 PM »
Yeah,  so I'm reading this thread with a bowl of chips.   You would think it would motivate me not to have more... but it ain't.   Ima gonna have more.

I learned long ago this doesnt  work for me,  but I hope it helps you sue. :hug:

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2013, 08:04:49 AM »
So far today:
tofu scramble
2 oz OJ (to take my liquid vitamins in, cannot stomach them straight up :D )
1 tea, nothing added

Sick with a cold so long run nixed and I walked on the TM for quite awhile, 5-6 miles. (my TM is not calibrated properly).

1 pink lady apple post workout.
2 bottles of water.

Lunch-- big bowl of hot and sour soup
chickpea salad
1 bottle water
apple

tahini carrot salad with tofu, sunflower seeds and raisins
apple

most likely a repeat, just packed my food for the day.

Offline MiniDriver

« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2013, 11:18:16 AM »
Same as yesterday, but I had a second breakfast of Grapenuts and almond milk. 
#minidriverisagenius

Mini is so smart!

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2013, 11:32:39 AM »
Got my 4 miles + yoga in yesterday
Yesterday's calories ended up right at 1600.

Protein bar for breakfast
.5 cup apple sauce and 1 cup 2% greek yogurt for snack #1
Veggie soup and a cheese sandwhich for lunch.
I have an apple and an orange for later... need some protein to go with though, and out of almonds. Might track down a couple of hb eggs.
Probably eat a lara bar before my run later
Dinner will likely be the same as last night: .5-1cup ea of the following: chana masala, eggplant curry, tj's superfood pilaf (quinoa, sweet potato, kale), 2% yogurt

Tonight would normall be a rest day or cross, and tomorrow my mid-week long. But, I have a board meeting tomorrow night so contemplating doing my long run and maybe my cross tonight. We'll see. Not sure if I have time. So, probably 5-7 mi and maybe barre.

Offline diablita

• The Runners
« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2013, 10:47:52 AM »
I don't think I'd keep up with posting here but I did just join myfitnesspal and put in a friend request for RA, Meri and MOS.  Anyone else on that site?
"Some things you just need to do for yourself, even if it means nicking your nads."  --nneJ

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2013, 11:02:02 AM »
Carson is on there as carson runs, also blue magnolia as blue maggie and a few others. You can look at my friends list and should be able to "friend" them from there.

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2013, 11:05:03 AM »
d- you have to make your food log viewable by friends... unless you don't want to, of course. :P It defaults to being private though.

Offline Courtney

• The Runners
« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2013, 11:30:21 AM »
I don't think I'd keep up with posting here but I did just join myfitnesspal and put in a friend request for RA, Meri and MOS.  Anyone else on that site?

wyrillco :)

Offline Mom of Scooby

• The Runners
« Reply #59 on: February 08, 2013, 12:51:14 PM »

You need to make you food dairy visible to friends!

Offline diablita

• The Runners
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2013, 01:56:18 PM »
I think I fixed it.  Is it visible now?
"Some things you just need to do for yourself, even if it means nicking your nads."  --nneJ

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2013, 02:30:46 PM »
yep!

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2013, 04:45:45 PM »
yeah, easier for me to just follow along on there :D Mini- are you on yet?

Offline all-smiles

• The Runners
« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2013, 10:28:34 PM »
I'm tigger9759 :)
Sufficient unto the day is one baby. As long as you are in your right mind don't you ever pray for twins. Twins amount to a permanent riot; and there ain't any real difference between triplets and a insurrection.
- Mark Twain

+-SUPPORT US