Author Topic: Dairy Free Thread  (Read 31858 times)

Offline Ice Cream

• The Runners
Re: Dairy Free Thread
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2013, 11:33:42 AM »
Nadra-- that is because you have drinken milk your whole life. I never drank milk and to me, they taste the same :D both gross :D :D :D

I would never have thinken.

Offline witchypoo

• The Runners
  • benign librarian overlord
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2013, 12:06:58 PM »
the past participle of 'drink' is 'drunk'. 

Offline witchypoo

• The Runners
  • benign librarian overlord
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2013, 12:07:17 PM »

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2013, 12:12:10 PM »
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline caribougrrl

• Passed on to another Brane
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2013, 12:27:57 PM »
Bears eat dairy?

bears eat anything they can get close enough to

they are certainly milk drinkers as cubs, and IME, milk, yogurt and cheese are among the first things they go for when rifling through coolers left out in campgrounds... they are up in the preferred human-associated foods along with fish, chocolate and peanut butter...

Offline onawhim

• The Runners
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2013, 12:30:39 PM »
bears eat anything they can get close enough to

rifling through coolers left out in campgrounds...

They even ate our paper towels so I doubt dairy is going to slow them down much  :D
Because PANTS

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2013, 12:32:27 PM »
For me, it's about abdominal pain and digestive issues.  Plus I realized that I eat WAAAY more dairy than the average bear, and want to know how it's affecting me.

How much does the average bear eat dairy? I probably have you beat. I would eat cheese at every meal if I could get away with it.  :D

Offline caribougrrl

« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2013, 12:46:02 PM »
They even ate our paper towels so I doubt dairy is going to slow them down much  :D

I have seen disposable diapers in bear poop.

Just as I was typing that, it occurred to me that I never checked that poop for evidence of a baby... just assumed it was a discarded diaper that was eaten...  :-\

Offline radial

• Non Sine Causa
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2013, 01:16:40 PM »
Meri would call that throwing out the baby with the Badwater. 

Offline teetime

• The Runners
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2013, 01:35:56 PM »

Offline onawhim

• The Runners
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2013, 01:38:43 PM »
I have seen disposable diapers in bear poop.

Just as I was typing that, it occurred to me that I never checked that poop for evidence of a baby... just assumed it was a discarded diaper that was eaten...  :-\

:D
Because PANTS

Offline TwistedFlax

• The Runners
« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2013, 10:06:16 AM »
One week down, 3 to go.  Feeling great, & only one minor slipup.

Offline diablita

• The Runners
« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2013, 10:20:03 AM »
nice work Jamers!
"Some things you just need to do for yourself, even if it means nicking your nads."  --nneJ

Offline TwistedFlax

• The Runners
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2013, 06:11:55 PM »
Something I ate this weekend still hurts.  I think it was the diet coke.

Offline Magic Microbe

• The Runners
  • Californiaing Arizona since 2018
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2013, 10:29:59 PM »
Something I ate this weekend still hurts.  I think it was the diet coke.

So I went to bowel health class today....exciting I know and they taught us a bunch of the triggers for IBS. Diet soda was one, so was sugar free gum (because of the sugar alcohols), broccoli, onion, garlic, and beans. Also they couldn't stop stressing eating more fiber. Apparently have a normally formed stool is the key to getting rid of gas, pain, and bloating.

They also pointed out that depression and anxiety are highly correlated with IBS...which I didnt know.

Offline TwistedFlax

• The Runners
« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2013, 10:37:58 PM »
Interesting. I've known for a long time that sugar alcohols don't work for me.

Onions could also be a culprit.

I'm inclined to think digestive probs may be linked to mental health concerns, probably via nutrition.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2013, 06:56:01 AM »
There are probably a million reasons NOT to drink diet coke ;) I used to be a diet soda junkie and then about 8 years ago i looked at the ingredients and was like, wtf? i am so picky about what i eat, but here is a can of chemicals?

Yes, stress is definitely a HUGE trigger for IBS and I see A LOT of stress induced IBS in my practice, as well as stress induced headaches/migraines. Some people just seem to have their stress affect them differently, some people their tummies, some their heads. Also, hormones can play a role with constipation common prior to your period and diarrhea with your period. Fun times being a girl :D

When i was first nursing DD, broccoli and cabbage were the two big triggers for her tummy issues, as well as dairy. Dairy was easy because i never ate it, but the other two were harder!!!

Has anyone tried the cashew cheese yet??????? :D
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline diablita

• The Runners
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2013, 06:56:13 AM »

They also pointed out that depression and anxiety are highly correlated with IBS...which I didnt know.

Yes, correlation but not causation.  And it's often a chicken and egg kind of thing.  The biggest GI practice in South Florida has a psychologist on staff for the IBS and IBD patients.  I always liked that.
"Some things you just need to do for yourself, even if it means nicking your nads."  --nneJ

Offline caribougrrl

« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2013, 07:48:42 AM »
Yes, correlation but not causation.  And it's often a chicken and egg kind of thing.  The biggest GI practice in South Florida has a psychologist on staff for the IBS and IBD patients.  I always liked that.

my GF had terrible IBS for several years.... when she was work crap jobs for shit money and wasn't appropriately respected... as soon as we bought the house and she quit her job, her IBS cleared up and she's never had problems since

[/anecdote]

Offline TwistedFlax

• The Runners
« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2013, 07:47:47 PM »
Actually, the fact that I'm (mostly) happy but still struggling is a big motivator to actually DO this.

Week two was easier, but I'm realizing that a lifetime would be super tough.

I'm less bloated than I've been in a long time even though I don't think I've dropped actual weight.  DH commented that my shoulders feel bonier than normal, for example.

+-SUPPORT US