Author Topic: I do not like  (Read 8072 times)

Offline Coyzmum

• Borderline
I do not like
« on: October 30, 2016, 06:55:36 PM »
Hollandaise or roasted pumpkin seeds after several tries and this makes me sad.  I have a brown sugar bourbon bundt cake about to come out of the oven.  Something tells me i will like it.

Offline BonitaApplebum

• Alpha Food Geek
Re: I do not like
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2016, 07:39:54 PM »
I am sure I would like brown sugar bourbon cake!! Let us know how it came out.

Offline The Turtle Whisperer

• Passed on to another Brane
  • has no fucks to give
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2016, 07:57:52 PM »
I am also on the like side of the cake! 
People put a lot less effort into picking apart evidence that confirms what they already believe.

The money is in the division. Always has been, always will be. Divide and rule, the politician cries; unite and lead, is the watchword of the wise.

Offline rocketgirl

• The Runners
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2016, 09:41:46 PM »
I'm not sure I've had roasted pumpkin seeds.  But I do like hollandaise.  And I'm almost certain I'd like the bourbon brown sugar bundt cake.  I like bourbon and sugar and cake.
Ellen stole my joy and I want it back!

Offline Ice Cream

• The Runners
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2016, 07:08:03 AM »
why does it make you sad?  It does not make me sad that I do not like coffee, so I don;t understand.

Offline Coyzmum

• Borderline
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2016, 09:11:12 AM »
I like the idea of hollandaise and it looks good so I want to like it, but there is something about it that I just don't like.  On pumpkin seeds it's because I read about people loving them and when we carve our pumpkins I try it.  I even used spicy flavors and still yuck.  I guess i feel I'm missing out. I'm not typically too picky. 

The cake was really good.

Offline Natasha

• The Runners
    • Pisces Blog
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2016, 06:19:42 PM »
I like the idea of hollandaise and it looks good so I want to like it, but there is something about it that I just don't like.  On pumpkin seeds it's because I read about people loving them and when we carve our pumpkins I try it.  I even used spicy flavors and still yuck.  I guess i feel I'm missing out. I'm not typically too picky. 

The cake was really good.

I have tried to eat the pumpkin seeds from carved pumpkins and they suck. I do, however like pepitas seeds, which are pumpkin seeds but totally different. I don't know how they make them or why they're different, but give them a shot.

Offline ihop

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2016, 12:45:15 PM »
I am eating pumpkin seeds right now!  I like them best if I boil them first, then lay them out to dry before roasting with olive oil, salt and pepper.
La madre degli imbecilli รจ sempre incinta.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2016, 01:34:30 PM »
I have never had hollandaise. I do not like pumpkin seeds much, though i do like sunflower seeds. I have never had a bourbon cake but i do not like bourbon, so not sure i would like it.
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2016, 02:37:04 PM »
You like what I you like. I hate mushrooms. Which apparently isn't allowed for a vegetarian. But, c'est la vie!

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2016, 03:07:48 PM »
You like what I you like. I hate mushrooms. Which apparently isn't allowed for a vegetarian. But, c'est la vie!
I dated a guy for a couple years who was vegetarian and REFUSED to eat mushrooms! LOL
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline BonitaApplebum

• Alpha Food Geek
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2016, 03:17:37 PM »
I would be remiss if I did not confess my deep, undying love for Hollandaise sauce in this thread. :heartbeat:

I'm sorry you don't like it, but... more for me!

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2016, 03:34:43 PM »
What do you put it on besides Egg Benedict?

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2016, 03:45:01 PM »
I dated a guy for a couple years who was vegetarian and REFUSED to eat mushrooms! LOL

That is basically me. They are disgusting.

Offline onawhim

• The Runners
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2016, 04:40:36 PM »
What do you put it on besides Egg Benedict?

Vegetables, steak, fish

I also love hollandaise and pumpkin seeds and hate mushrooms. At least the first two are pretty easy to avoid  :D
Because PANTS

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2016, 05:33:58 PM »
Hollandaise is pretty much your worst nightmare, meri. It's an eggyolk/clarified butter emulsion. So yummy on vegetables though. Really good with stronger flavored veg, I think-- like asparagus, broccoli, artichokes, potatoes too.

I rarely make it at home though.

Also, though I love hollandaise, not every hollandaise is created equal. What you get in restaurants isn't always freshly made and, if it's not, it's vile. Under seasoned is just meh. I hate premade mayo but like it if it's homemade.

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2016, 05:34:52 PM »
But, life is short and there is plenty of delicious food out there. No reason to get hung up on not liking this or that.

Offline Coyzmum

• Borderline
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2016, 08:31:39 AM »
But, life is short and there is plenty of delicious food out there. No reason to get hung up on not liking this or that.

I agree.  It's just the kids and I carved pumpkins this weekend and I decided to not even attempt roasting seeds because I'm always disappointed so that made me think of it.

I've only had restaurant hollandaise so maybe that's why. 

Meri, I'm not sure you would taste the bourbon with the amount of brown sugar.  :D DH said he could every now and then, but I didn't really.  One of my other favorite cakes to make is kahlua cake.  I wonder if this says something about me. :-[  :d

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2016, 09:27:21 AM »
 :D

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2016, 11:20:25 AM »
We have the opposite problem with pumpkin seeds. Everyone loves them and eats too many at a sitting. Never a good idea!

Offline caribougrrl

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2016, 12:11:54 PM »
I agree.  It's just the kids and I carved pumpkins this weekend and I decided to not even attempt roasting seeds because I'm always disappointed so that made me think of it.

I've only had restaurant hollandaise so maybe that's why. 

Meri, I'm not sure you would taste the bourbon with the amount of brown sugar.  :D DH said he could every now and then, but I didn't really.  One of my other favorite cakes to make is kahlua cake.  I wonder if this says something about me. :-[  :d

my better half makes a dark chocolate bourbon bundt that is fantastic.  and very boozy.  I think the recipe calls for an entire cup of bourbon in the batter, and then she brushes it with bourbon when it's still warm. :drool:

Offline diablita

• The Runners
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2016, 08:00:12 PM »
my better half makes a dark chocolate bourbon bundt that is fantastic.  and very boozy.  I think the recipe calls for an entire cup of bourbon in the batter, and then she brushes it with bourbon when it's still warm. :drool:

I don't understand why there's no link to click on this post?  I even quoted it hoping to get to the recipe but nada.  :'(
"Some things you just need to do for yourself, even if it means nicking your nads."  --nneJ

Offline caribougrrl

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2016, 07:50:36 AM »
I don't understand why there's no link to click on this post?  I even quoted it hoping to get to the recipe but nada.  :'(

it *might* be this one: http://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1017147-whiskey-soaked-dark-chocolate-bundt-cake

I will double check with her though...

+-SUPPORT US