Author Topic: Community picnic side dish  (Read 4295 times)

Offline badger

• NTTAWWT
Community picnic side dish
« on: June 17, 2016, 07:07:55 AM »
Any favorite side dishes or desserts come to mind? It's going to be warm, access to power for a slow cooker will be available. Lots of families. Main dish will be hot dogs, so doesn't need to be fancy :)

After all, one rarely boils a penis before insertion. - nnej

I routinely smash mirrors while walking underneath ladders just to fuck with the cosmos. - ZiggyStardust

Offline caribougrrl

• Passed on to another Brane
Re: Community picnic side dish
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 10:44:45 AM »
caprese salad ON A STICK

use the long wooden bbq skewers: 1 cherry tomato, 1 folded basil leaf, 1 baby bocconcini at the tip of the stick, put them food-down into a vinaigrette of white balsamic or white wine vinegar, olive oil and a wee bit of fresh oregano to marinate until serving... serve them food-up in a flower vase for effect

or just do them on toothpicks on a platter, but call them antipasticks

:d

Offline The Turtle Whisperer

• Passed on to another Brane
  • has no fucks to give
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2016, 09:22:21 AM »
I did an inside out pasta salad once and it was big hit.  Just take everything but the pasta in your favorite pasta salad recipe and mixed it all up and then dice.  An olive, pepper, and feta base with a balsamic vinaigrette makes the best IMHO.

Stuff in jumbo pasta shells and it becomes finger food. 

The pasta can get a little sticky, so a very light coating of EVOO will allow you to stack them in/on a dish. 
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 09:24:39 AM by The Turtle Whisperer »
People put a lot less effort into picking apart evidence that confirms what they already believe.

The money is in the division. Always has been, always will be. Divide and rule, the politician cries; unite and lead, is the watchword of the wise.

Offline seattlegirl

• The Runners
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2016, 12:33:40 PM »
caprese salad ON A STICK

use the long wooden bbq skewers: 1 cherry tomato, 1 folded basil leaf, 1 baby bocconcini at the tip of the stick, put them food-down into a vinaigrette of white balsamic or white wine vinegar, olive oil and a wee bit of fresh oregano to marinate until serving... serve them food-up in a flower vase for effect

or just do them on toothpicks on a platter, but call them antipasticks

:d

I've done something similar, but with a cheese tortellini instead of the baby bocconcini.

If it's not too hot to run your oven at home, I'd make pan cookies (chocolate chip bars or brownies) in this situation.   If you don't want to use the oven, Rice Krispie treats.  :D

Offline seattlegirl

• The Runners
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2016, 03:01:16 PM »
Also, I make this bean salad a lot.  With fresh herbs, it's really good! 

http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/quick_and_easy_white_bean_salad/

Offline triciaflower

• I Can't now, I'm Busy Posting
Community picnic side dish
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2016, 11:47:41 PM »
Queso in a slow cooker. Velveeta, Rotel. Put on low. Provide a little ladle. A huge pile of chips. Mmmmmmm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline glwestcott

• I Can't now, I'm Busy Posting
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2016, 10:27:52 AM »
Make pesto. Stuff cherry tomatoes with it. Easy, yummy,  and something new for most.

+-SUPPORT US