Forum > Food

Do y’all meal plan?

(1/12) > >>

moroccangirl:
For about 5 years I’ve been saying I’m going to start. Never started. I am now the leader for Sophia’s Girl Scout troop, plus all of my other commitments. I don’t love cooking but I think never having a plan makes it even worse. My usual routine is to text DH and lunch time and ask what he wants, then I go to the store after I drop Sophia off at school and get what I need for dinner. It’s stressful.
I printed a calendar for October, wrote down any daily appt or meeting, then plugged in dinners for each day, and made sure on days it would be hard to cook that the previous day I make something that has good leftovers.
It’s only the end of Oct 1 and I already feel a weight lifted off of my shoulders because I know what I’m making every day. I don’t know why didn’t do this sooner.

Lintu:
Not for a whole month at a time - just for a week at a time.

moroccangirl:

--- Quote from: Lintu on October 01, 2019, 12:29:05 PM ---Not for a whole month at a time - just for a week at a time.

--- End quote ---
I started with the week but just kept going  :D

BonitaApplebum:
You guys I’m moving this to food, since it seems like a good perennial topic. Please don’t pout or act like I’m overreaching, the reason we put stuff there is so we can find it again.

blue sleep:
If we didn't have a weekly plan, we'd get complacent and eat out every night. We never stick to it exactly but it allows us to buy the ingredients to make our meals throughout the week.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version