Author Topic: Instant pot?  (Read 222695 times)

Offline ihop

• Passed on to another Brane
Re: Instant pot?
« Reply #480 on: January 04, 2017, 10:56:12 AM »
On the West Coast the IP to turns yogurt into milk.  It's the counter-culture.   

:roll:
La madre degli imbecilli è sempre incinta.

Offline The Turtle Whisperer

• has no fucks to give
« Reply #481 on: January 04, 2017, 11:58:15 AM »
On the West Coast the IP to turns yogurt into milk.  It's the counter-culture.   

:D
People put a lot less effort into picking apart evidence that confirms what they already believe.

The money is in the division. Always has been, always will be. Divide and rule, the politician cries; unite and lead, is the watchword of the wise.

Offline Ice Cream

• The Runners
« Reply #482 on: January 04, 2017, 12:44:45 PM »
CA: I would try again with store bought yogurt.  Also, I found that it's harder to make a full gallon at once.

Offline Chasing Amy

• The Runners
« Reply #483 on: January 04, 2017, 12:59:26 PM »
CA: I would try again with store bought yogurt.  Also, I found that it's harder to make a full gallon at once.

I only make a quart at a time because that is the size of my storage container.

Offline hally

• NTTAWWT
« Reply #484 on: January 05, 2017, 03:13:54 PM »
I have never not had my yogurt turn into yogurt, I have used skim and 1%, store bought starter, starter from another batch and whey as well. A gallon or a half gallon.
Wonder what happened,
As for slow cooking, I have never made anything in the slow cooker that didn't turn into a pile of mush. So would never try it. I got it for the speed and the yogurt.
Short ribs 45 mins, high 15 natural release. Chili from cubed meat, 30 mins.
“A good coat is like a good lawyer. it covers your ass.”_Jack Reacher, Without Fail

"There is no bad weather, only bad clothing choices"_hally

Offline Rochey

• Administrator
« Reply #485 on: January 06, 2017, 09:44:27 AM »
The only time I had a yogurt fail was when I tried to make an entire gallon.  I also can't eat that much before it goes bad.

Offline BonitaApplebum

• Alpha Food Geek
« Reply #486 on: January 06, 2017, 09:56:57 AM »
OK, I need to hardboil a dozen eggs today for deviled eggs. Recipes seem all over the map. What's the best technique?

Offline radial

• Non Sine Causa
« Reply #487 on: January 06, 2017, 10:10:23 AM »
OK, I need to hardboil a dozen eggs today for deviled eggs. Recipes seem all over the map. What's the best technique?

Put the basket thingie in the pot.  Add a cup of water, pile the eggs on top of the thingie, and close it up.  Use the manual feature to punch in 5 minutes of high pressure cooking time.  10 minutes later, release pressure and cool off the perfectly hard-boiled eggs.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #488 on: January 06, 2017, 11:13:49 AM »
1 cup water, trivet, eggs on top, 5 minutes (6 if extra large) Low Pressure, 6 minutes NR, 6 minutes ice bath.
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline hally

• NTTAWWT
« Reply #489 on: January 06, 2017, 11:23:28 AM »
The only time I had a yogurt fail was when I tried to make an entire gallon.  I also can't eat that much before it goes bad.

I make the gallon, but then I strain it overnight. It comes to not that much, I have not had it go bad on me yet.
“A good coat is like a good lawyer. it covers your ass.”_Jack Reacher, Without Fail

Offline radial

• Non Sine Causa
« Reply #490 on: January 06, 2017, 11:55:05 AM »
I make the gallon, but then I strain it overnight. It comes to not that much, I have not had it go bad on me yet.

Same here.  If I'm going to fuss with yogurt, I want to make enough of it so I don't have to fuss with the process again for a while. 

Offline BonitaApplebum

• Alpha Food Geek
« Reply #491 on: January 06, 2017, 12:27:26 PM »
Put the basket thingie in the pot.  Add a cup of water, pile the eggs on top of the thingie, and close it up.  Use the manual feature to punch in 5 minutes of high pressure cooking time.  10 minutes later, release pressure and cool off the perfectly hard-boiled eggs.

1 cup water, trivet, eggs on top, 5 minutes (6 if extra large) Low Pressure, 6 minutes NR, 6 minutes ice bath.

SEE?!?! These recipes are really different!!

:panic:

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #492 on: January 06, 2017, 12:28:00 PM »
Go half and half and report back :D
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline BonitaApplebum

• Alpha Food Geek
« Reply #493 on: January 06, 2017, 12:29:35 PM »
Eff it. I'm making up my own recipe. If they all explode in there, it will be egg soup. :roll:

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #494 on: January 06, 2017, 12:31:34 PM »
Report back! I have seen it done both ways and both ways claim success. I did it my way the first time and it worked so I do not mess with it.

Offline radial

• Non Sine Causa
« Reply #495 on: January 06, 2017, 12:31:35 PM »
High pressure works quicker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline duckgeek

• The Runners
« Reply #496 on: January 06, 2017, 12:41:56 PM »
Cooked a half dozen medium large russet potatoes last night.  Cup of water, salt,  manual set to high for 20 minutes, release pressure, perfect!

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #497 on: January 06, 2017, 12:59:32 PM »
High pressure works quicker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I tis 5-6 mins LP, so not any quicker :p

Offline hally

• NTTAWWT
« Reply #498 on: January 06, 2017, 02:12:31 PM »
Same here.  If I'm going to fuss with yogurt, I want to make enough of it so I don't have to fuss with the process again for a while. 
a half gallon takes the same amount of time except the boil and cool down, I feel the same way why you do, radial.

Offline radial

• Non Sine Causa
« Reply #499 on: January 06, 2017, 02:16:36 PM »
I tis 5-6 mins LP, so not any quicker :p

We should race some time!  We could call it The IP Games and stream it live on Facebook :D   

+-SUPPORT US