Author Topic: Instant pot?  (Read 222609 times)

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
Re: Instant pot?
« Reply #460 on: December 30, 2016, 03:38:30 PM »
DD told me she never heard of tapioca pudding! So into the Instant pot the ingredients just went per the Hip Pressure Cooking site. Will report back.
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline radial

• Passed on to another Brane
  • Non Sine Causa
« Reply #461 on: December 30, 2016, 03:39:40 PM »
Mmm, fisheyes!

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #462 on: December 30, 2016, 05:08:07 PM »
Tasted good as I put it in the fridge! Made tricky carrots from Hip Pressure Cooking too!
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline floridagal

• The Runners
« Reply #463 on: December 31, 2016, 01:18:34 PM »
Made my first recipe last night - rice -- I think it was called mexican rice -- had brown rice and onions, garlic/cumin/chicken broth/tomato sauce -- fairly successful.  I think it could have used a touch more water - it was a little chewy. 

Today I made 5 hard boiled eggs.  Done in 7 minutes.

Both were fun and it's not nearly as scary as I thought it would be.  I watched a youtube video or two before I got started.

Looking forward to all your recipes and hints and tricks - this was a great buy!
If I've learned nothing else, it's that people are crazy.
--RioG

Offline hally

• NTTAWWT
« Reply #464 on: January 01, 2017, 06:06:25 PM »
I made Chiipolte cofee short ribs last night, 45 min high 15 min natural release. They were tender as could be.
“A good coat is like a good lawyer. it covers your ass.”_Jack Reacher, Without Fail

"There is no bad weather, only bad clothing choices"_hally

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #465 on: January 01, 2017, 06:09:10 PM »
"Baked" apples! 5 mins HP QR. just apples and cinnamon in the bowl, 1 cup water under trivet under the bowl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Ice Cream

• The Runners
« Reply #466 on: January 02, 2017, 08:01:35 AM »
The bowl goes in the IP?  what kind of bowl?

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #467 on: January 02, 2017, 08:03:03 AM »
Yes bowl in IP. It is an oven safe Corelle pot from target.

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #468 on: January 02, 2017, 12:04:02 PM »
Yep, anything oven safe so corelle, pyrex, steel.  Very useful for one pot stuff where you dont want everything to cook togethere

Offline Chasing Amy

• The Runners
« Reply #469 on: January 02, 2017, 04:07:01 PM »
I've got some yogurt incubating in mine right now. Fingers crossed.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #470 on: January 02, 2017, 04:37:01 PM »
I've got some yogurt incubating in mine right now. Fingers crossed.

:fingers:

Offline Chasing Amy

• The Runners
« Reply #471 on: January 02, 2017, 09:11:56 PM »
IP Fail #2 = yogurt. Never formed, just stayed warm milk. I've made yogurt in a traditional yogurt maker over a hundred times without a problem.

So far, I am very unimpressed by this thing. As a slow cooker, it turned my food into a wet, flavorless mess. Soups and stews have worked, but the IP doesn't save me any time over the stovetop method.

Sorry guys, thumbs down.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #472 on: January 02, 2017, 09:13:39 PM »
IP Fail #2 = yogurt. Never formed, just stayed warm milk. I've made yogurt in a traditional yogurt maker over a hundred times without a problem.

So far, I am very unimpressed by this thing. As a slow cooker, it turned my food into a wet, flavorless mess. Soups and stews have worked, but the IP doesn't save me any time over the stovetop method.

Sorry guys, thumbs down.
So weird, every attempt at dairy yogurt has been a success for me. What did you do, exactly, and what did you use as your starter? Did you use low fat milk?

Offline Chasing Amy

• The Runners
« Reply #473 on: January 02, 2017, 10:56:40 PM »
Whole milk, used yogurt from my previous batch as a starter. Heat up milk, cool to 110-115 degrees, mix in my starter, yogurt setting at  9 hrs. I ended up with warm milk.

Offline duckgeek

• The Runners
« Reply #474 on: January 03, 2017, 01:03:22 AM »
We got one for Christmas.  I made roast beef yesterday and tonight I cooked frozen chicken tenders, then steamed whole carrots and tamales afterwards, while the chicken warmed on top of rice I made in our rice cooker. 

So far so good. 

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #475 on: January 03, 2017, 06:38:27 AM »
Whole milk, used yogurt from my previous batch as a starter. Heat up milk, cool to 110-115 degrees, mix in my starter, yogurt setting at  9 hrs. I ended up with warm milk.

I wonder if the milk was not cooled enough?

Offline Chasing Amy

• The Runners
« Reply #476 on: January 03, 2017, 10:17:29 AM »
I wonder if the milk was not cooled enough?

The IP wasn't keeping it warm enough.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #477 on: January 03, 2017, 10:19:43 AM »
The IP wasn't keeping it warm enough.
I would contact IP about it! I usually do mine overnight, so it ends up being around 12 hours.

Offline radial

• Passed on to another Brane
  • Non Sine Causa
« Reply #478 on: January 03, 2017, 10:25:49 AM »
On the West Coast the IP to turns yogurt into milk.  It's the counter-culture.   

Offline Chasing Amy

• The Runners
« Reply #479 on: January 03, 2017, 12:13:39 PM »
On the West Coast the IP to turns yogurt into milk.  It's the counter-culture.   

>:(

+-SUPPORT US