Author Topic: Instant pot?  (Read 222829 times)

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
Re: Instant pot?
« Reply #280 on: September 07, 2016, 09:31:51 PM »
Which makes me wonder HOW OLD ARE THE BEANS????? Very rarely i get a bad batch that take FOREVER to cook, but with the amount of beans we consume, it is a low %.
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline Natasha

• The Runners
    • Pisces Blog
« Reply #281 on: September 08, 2016, 10:10:56 AM »
I just picked up "Hip Pressure Cooking" from the library, anyone have it????
No, but I've checked it out from the library and made many of her recipes. I'll see which ones we liked...

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #282 on: September 09, 2016, 10:07:42 PM »
Pulled pork, same size roast, 45 minutes and it's not done.  Not even close.  So I'm making an alternative dinner. And putting the roast back in for another 20 minutes. 

Anyone ever have any issues with the lid not wanting to lock?

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #283 on: September 09, 2016, 11:49:35 PM »
80 minutes to done this time.

Also, the whole fam loves the pulled pork but I hate the meaty smell. I hope they know how much i love them!

Offline The Turtle Whisperer

• Passed on to another Brane
  • has no fucks to give
« Reply #284 on: September 10, 2016, 05:08:24 AM »
Pulled pork, same size roast, 45 minutes and it's not done.  Not even close.  So I'm making an alternative dinner. And putting the roast back in for another 20 minutes. 

You mean come to pressure, or just lock when trying to put it on?

In regards to coming to pressure, yes... I tend to lean towards getting by with less water so I've had to stop and add water a couple of times.  I've also found that I can squeeze the lid handles to the base handles and the pin will often set if it's close. 
People put a lot less effort into picking apart evidence that confirms what they already believe.

The money is in the division. Always has been, always will be. Divide and rule, the politician cries; unite and lead, is the watchword of the wise.

Offline diablita

• The Runners
« Reply #285 on: September 10, 2016, 08:07:33 AM »
80 minutes to done this time.

Also, the whole fam loves the pulled pork but I hate the meaty smell. I hope they know how much i love them!

I think this all the time when I cook meat for my fam.  And especially when I clean up grease -- so gross!
"Some things you just need to do for yourself, even if it means nicking your nads."  --nneJ

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #286 on: September 10, 2016, 08:16:38 AM »
I won't cook meat. DD is a vegetarian luckily :) I also won't clean up the greasy pans.
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #287 on: September 10, 2016, 10:03:14 AM »

Is the pin that goes up and down clogged? I would clean that out. And make sure the silicone ring is in properly.

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #288 on: September 10, 2016, 11:16:56 AM »
Yeah, the pin would slide back so I could close the lid even though it didn't appear to be stuck. I kept trying abd eventuality it worked. Maybe it was too hot?

Offline Ice Cream

• The Runners
« Reply #289 on: September 10, 2016, 11:48:45 AM »
Yeah, the pin would slide back so I could close the lid even though it didn't appear to be stuck. I kept trying abd eventuality it worked. Maybe it was too hot?

it's a safety feature at work.

Offline Dagstag v 2.0

• When last seen zhe was crossing the event horizon
« Reply #290 on: September 10, 2016, 02:01:37 PM »
Mine hasn't locked a couple of times, in both instances, an adjustment of the sealing ring got it to lock as soon as I pour the lid back on.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #291 on: September 12, 2016, 05:14:59 PM »
I strained the yogurt for about 7-8 hours! It came out PERFECT for DH.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #292 on: September 14, 2016, 04:51:46 PM »
This is in the pot now and sounds awesome, from the Hip Pressure Cooking book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #293 on: September 14, 2016, 06:57:32 PM »
 That sounds good. Though, I'm skeptical as to whether the beans will cook in 20 minutes with a tomato product included as that usually lengthens the time!

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #294 on: September 14, 2016, 07:16:09 PM »
Beans were soaked and then cooked 20 minutes then NR for 15 minutes. 95% of the beans were done. It was very watery and i scooped out the tomatoes and beans with a slotted spoon and it was fine. I thought it was delicious. I made that and some cranberry orange quick bread for DD so my kitchen smelled DIVINE.

Offline Ice Cream

• The Runners
« Reply #295 on: September 14, 2016, 10:22:22 PM »
Beans were soaked and then cooked 20 minutes then NR for 15 minutes. 95% of the beans were done. It was very watery and i scooped out the tomatoes and beans with a slotted spoon and it was fine. I thought it was delicious. I made that and some cranberry orange quick bread for DD so my kitchen smelled DIVINE.

What is NR?

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #296 on: September 15, 2016, 06:58:40 AM »
In pressure cooking recipes, times are listed as QR or NR which is quick release (releasing the pressure/steam once the time at pressure is up) and NR is natural release (letting the pressure cooker come down out of pressure on it's own).

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #297 on: September 19, 2016, 03:28:52 PM »
The yogurt strained pretty fast today and in 4 hours it looks almost like cheese. I put some whey in a mason jar and put the yogurt into glass containers in the fridge and will let DH decide if it is too thick or not.

Offline BonitaApplebum

• Alpha Food Geek
« Reply #298 on: September 19, 2016, 05:20:50 PM »
I have an amazon gift card... hmmm....

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #299 on: September 19, 2016, 06:07:21 PM »
YES! DO IT!

+-SUPPORT US