Forum > Food

Perpetual Soup Thread

<< < (2/44) > >>

srsly:
I'm very fond of Rachael Ray's "stoup" (stew/soup combo) recipes. They are chunky with veggies and protein. I'll post some of my fav when I get a chance. I love her eggplant thai style stoup with coconut milk. No need to get take out.

Ice Cream:

--- Quote from: merigayle on September 26, 2014, 06:08:25 PM ---I have been making butternut squash soup lately, nothing else too exciting.

--- End quote ---

I have a very easy recipe for this that I keep coming back to.  I get frozen mashed butternut squash from the supermarket, add some water and put in MW.  Then I add milk or almond milk, agave syrup, cinnamon and ginger. Serve with bread.  I go by taste and thickness for the proportions; never really measure them. Super easy and deliciously smooth.

Ice Cream:

--- Quote from: diablita on September 26, 2014, 07:39:57 PM ---I made this white bean and spinach soup recently and loved it

--- End quote ---

Oh, this looks super easy and good! will try.

merigayle:

--- Quote from: Ice Cream on September 28, 2014, 07:39:30 AM ---I have a very easy recipe for this that I keep coming back to.  I get frozen mashed butternut squash from the supermarket, add some water and put in MW.  Then I add milk or almond milk, agave syrup, cinnamon and ginger. Serve with bread.  I go by taste and thickness for the proportions; never really measure them. Super easy and deliciously smooth.

--- End quote ---
mine is simple, onion, butternut squash, water, salt. Simply perfect. I blend it with my immersion blender.

seattlegirl:
I made a (mostly) root veggie soup yesterday.  No recipe, just veg broth, onion, garlic, celery, carrots, sweet potato, rutabagas, parsnips, spinach.  Plus a random sprinkling of herbs.

For the meat eaters, this is quite tasty:
http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/lentil-kielbasa-stew

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version