Forum > Food

Breakfast foods

<< < (2/5) > >>

diablita:
quinoa is higher in protein than other grains.  Do you like it?  I can find breakfast recipes.

caribougrrl:
sometimes I get a craving for celery sticks filled with peanut butter... that might make a good breakfast

do you like cottage cheese? easy to eat dairy that isn't yogurt...

nuts and dried fruit
cheddar cheese and bell pepper

Magic Microbe:
I dislike nuts and unfortunately need to eat only fat free dairy because of my damn cholesterol. Quinoa is ok...I don't dislike it.

caribougrrl:
I was going to suggest stirring nut butter into oatmeal for protein with the right kind of fibre for lowering cholesterol, but I guess that won't work.

do you like beans? you can make a really tasty black bean spread (drained and rinsed can of black beans, juice of half a lime or orange, ground cumin, garlic or not, sunflower seeds or not, mashed together or pureed) either as a sandwich filler or a dip for raw veg (for that matter, hummus)

what about silken tofu? tofu scramble, smoothies with silken tofu as the base, or dark chocolate silken tofu pudding with berries (totally justifiable breakfast, trust me)

can you stomach fish for breakfast? salmon jerky is a pretty portable way to eat fish... and I would argue smoked salmon is definitely a breakfast food

Run Amok:
I think the siggis brand yogurt is pretty good bang for your buck in terms of protein/fat/carbs. The 0% tubs are 15 grams of protein, 12 carbs, it is fat free.

I personally prefer the yoplait YQ yogurt-- which is made with microfiltered yogurt. The small tubs are 15 g protein, 2.5 grams of fat, and 10 carbs.

Neither of those is very high volume though so you'd probably still want to eat some fruit along with. Adding protein powder boost the protein without adding signficant fat or carbs (depending on your protein powder)-- so I think it's a pretty good trick.

Or, fairlife milk is also microfiltered so it is high protein. My family really likes it. What about combining that with some kind of decent-macro cereal? I am not sure what your current eating plan is.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version