Author Topic: Saturday, November 24th  (Read 2771 times)

Offline Richard21142

• The Runners
Saturday, November 24th
« on: November 24, 2018, 10:47:49 AM »
Weights plus rowing

Offline Arrojo

• The Runners
Re: Saturday, November 24th
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2018, 03:22:19 PM »
First I raked up some leaves. Then I ran 14 miles. Then I mowed the lawn. Now I am drinking beer.
I would get drunk on Bud Light with Dylan Mulvaney.

Offline diablita

• The Runners
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2018, 07:22:32 PM »
Veteran Jam 5K.  Official times aren't up yet but I think I finished in 22:40ish.  Third place female.

eta: also ran a mile before and after for 5 miles today
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 08:16:42 PM by diablita »
"Some things you just need to do for yourself, even if it means nicking your nads."  --nneJ

Offline SnarlyMarly

• I Can't now, I'm Busy Posting
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2018, 07:31:00 PM »
Veteran Jam 5K.  Official times aren't up yet but I think I finished in 22:40ish.  Third place female.

Nice job girl!!!

Offline diablita

• The Runners
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2018, 08:16:18 PM »
thanks!
"Some things you just need to do for yourself, even if it means nicking your nads."  --nneJ

Offline Coyote Mas Loco

• I really have a life. It's around here someplace....
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2018, 07:39:14 AM »
Arrojo, 14 is pretty darn good for a sprinter with a fake hip, are you doing Boston again? Congrats on the 5K diablita! Solid time.

Did one of my final tune-up/race-specific workouts the year at a suburban park and adjoining school yard. All on turf.  2000 geese and a couple dozen humans walking their dogs.

5X 1K CV, 1X ~650 m all out, and 3X 200 all out. Started out pretty nice, about 48 and clear with a breeze from the NW but the wind picked up after the 2nd rep and it was really blowing by the time I finished. Tried to simulate the day like the upcoming race, timing eating and starting the workout at time I'll race and all that.

Got kind of pukey--felt it coming on--on the 4th rep (so walked for 25 seconds before resuming). But sure enough I'd put in a faster pace to that point, so when I start to dig deep is when I get the bad stomach.

USA Club XC is in 2 weeks, there are at least 6 guys in my age group who have gone 90% age grade or better over the past year. Going to be a fight. Bring it on!   
I'll stick to running, thank you.

Offline diablita

• The Runners
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2018, 07:56:05 AM »
Thanks Wilson.  Your XC race sounds exciting!  Is it in your town or do you have to travel?

Offline Coyote Mas Loco

• I really have a life. It's around here someplace....
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2018, 08:04:00 AM »
It's in Spokane, WA. Different site pretty much every year. Last year it was in Lexington, KY, and before that Bethlehem, PA, San Francisco, and Bend, OR. It's a big event and open/masters runners & teams from all over the country come out of the woodwork to race.
I'll stick to running, thank you.

Offline Arrojo

• The Runners
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2018, 11:11:27 AM »
Congrats diablita, that’s great!

Arrojo, 14 is pretty darn good for a sprinter with a fake hip, are you doing Boston again? Congrats on the 5K diablita! Solid time.

No I am now officially retired from marathons. 8 Bostons and 1 Fargo. No regrets.  Half marathons are still in play – I have another one in two weeks, my third one this year.

Good luck with your championship race in 2 weeks!
I would get drunk on Bud Light with Dylan Mulvaney.

Offline diablita

• The Runners
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2018, 06:46:57 PM »
Half marathons are sooo much easier to wrap around life.

My mileage for the 50K starts to go up this week.

+-SUPPORT US