Author Topic: Saturday, May 18th  (Read 2254 times)

Online Richard21142

• The Runners
Saturday, May 18th
« on: May 19, 2018, 11:27:02 AM »
Weights plus rowing (10,000 meters)

Offline kevin871

• The Runners
    • My Running Log
Re: Saturday, May 18th
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2018, 01:47:33 PM »
8 miles in heavy rain

Offline Arrojo

• The Runners
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2018, 04:26:52 PM »
Ran my ninth and final marathon today – the Fargo Marathon.  I was hoping for an age graded PR, but settled for my third fastest age-graded marathon.  Marathons are just too painful for me, and I am not a fast distance runner. No regrets, heading out for my marathon retirement party.
I would get drunk on Bud Light with Dylan Mulvaney.

Offline witchypoo

• The Runners
  • benign librarian overlord
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2018, 07:34:28 PM »

Offline Arrojo

• The Runners
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2018, 11:22:35 AM »
Sorry to hear that you're retiring from long distance running, Arrojo. The Marathon community will miss you

Oh I am not retiring from distance running, just marathons.  Halfs are still in play, as well as other races of all distances on roods and trails.   :)  No more 26.2, though, for many reasons.
I would get drunk on Bud Light with Dylan Mulvaney.

Offline RandMart

• The Runners
  • Non-Repentant Slowtwitcher
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2018, 11:50:41 AM »
One of the folks in the Screaming Tortise Athletic club ran the Leftover 4 Miler in Pensacola

http://www.leftoverrun.com/

The name says it all!
Everything you will receive (T-shirts, medals & awards) at this race will be from past races. There is no rhyme or reason to what you receive, it’s a mystery!

He posted the following on IG

"I got a Turkey Trot bib & a Pensacola Triathlon shirt. Looking forward to seeing what kind of medal I get."
"They gave me a Pensacola Perfect 10 & IM Chattanooga medal. I'm going to make stickers to put on them showing that they are from the Leftover 4 Mile before I put them in my display. I'd definitely feel like a fraud putting up a 70.3 medal without having it show what it's really for. People work too hard to accomplish 70.3 for me to display it for running a 4 mile."
'We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be' ― Kurt Vonnegut

Offline RandMart

• The Runners
  • Non-Repentant Slowtwitcher
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2018, 04:08:16 PM »
Got on the treadmill for a little bit, ...

I forgot to mention ... As I was leaving the locker room, I saw a dude sitting on the bench, eating a big bag of potato chips

They weren't even good potato chips. Like, kettle cooked, salt & vinegar, BBQ, Old Bay or anything interesting ... just plain ol' greasy Lays potato chips

He had pants on, thank goodness
'We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be' ― Kurt Vonnegut

Offline Ice Cream

• The Runners
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2018, 08:08:39 AM »
walked 4

+-SUPPORT US