Forum > Food

What cookware brand do you have?

(1/6) > >>

Rochey:
My non-stick wedding gift 16-year-old saucepan has shit the bed. I looked at all-clad stainless steel, but it’s $120. What do you have and/or recommend?

BonitaApplebum:
I have mostly Calphalon, which has undergone daily use for 15-20 years (depending on the piece) and is now starting to show its age. I'd buy it again, though. I also have some Le Crueset, which is enameled cast iron, and regular cast iron, and both of those should last me forever.

ihop:
I don't have one brand- cast iron, Le Crueset, Cuisineart are my favorite.  I do have one other favorite that isn't a name brand - it is heavy and large and fabulous and hand carried by my parents from France many years ago.   :D

rocketgirl:
Nothing is the same brand.

My 8 inch non-stick is Tramontina.  My 10 inch non-stick is Cuisinart.  My 14 inch non-stick (my favorite) is a Belk store brand.  I also have the matching 3 quart (I think it's 3) saucepan.  Coincidentally, the lid for that saucepan is a perfect fit for the 8 inch saute pan.  I got one of those weird corrugated lids that fits multiple sizes to use with the bigger pans.  Probably at Target or WalMart.

I have 2 way old Revere copper bottom saucepans.  One has pour spout sides and I tend to use that to boil water for coffee.  Neither are non stick so they get used for simple things - water, boiled eggs, canned soup, and that sort of thing.  The newer one was bought in 1990.

I have a dutch oven kind of enamel over cast iron thing that is Paula Deen brand. And an enamel over cast iron braiser.  I don't use either very often because they are so heavy.  But they are good for potluck because they retain heat so well.

I have 2 old corningware casserole dishes probably originally purchased in the late '70s.  I don't use them often either.

Rochey:
Ok, cool, that is good to know.  I've heard good things about Calphalon and Cuisinart and they're...1/3 the price of all-clad.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version