Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Running / Re: AH! The Old "Hidden Bib" Trick
« Last post by diablita on Today at 02:16:55 PM »
Thanks.  I'm pretty surprised too.  But Clevelanders are pretty used to apologizing.  :d

Seriously, though, from some of the posts it seems it's not the first time they get a course wrong in some way (but maybe it's been a few years) and it seems they're often changing it.  The roads were in pretty bad condition and they were also trying to capture more of the newly fun areas.  I'm sure there's more risk for mistake when the course changes from year to year.  Every race has its distinct character and you can't please everyone.  Hopefully they keep pleasing enough of their base to continue to do it every year.
« Last post by Coyote Mas Loco on Today at 01:23:38 PM »
The race organizer posted this a few hours ago:

Means I DID hit my stretch goal of a sub 1:50 half!  (chip time was 1:50:25

Congrats. Maddening that they had the distance wrong but rare that they even admitted to it.
Running / Re: Friday, May 25th
« Last post by Arrojo on Today at 12:21:08 PM »
3.3 miles in 86 disgusting degrees
Running / Re: Friday, May 25th
« Last post by RandMart on Today at 10:43:58 AM »
Run #1 of Screaming Tortise 2018 Endless Summer 100 Runs / 100 Days Challenge

Same as previous years: Slowtwitch rules apply [with a little wiggle room, courtesy of me]: A run = 30 minutes OR 3 miles [if you're one of those Lickety Split folks who kill at local 5Ks]
Running / Friday, May 25th
« Last post by Richard21142 on Today at 09:39:36 AM »
Weights plus 4.4 mile walk
Running / Re: amI nutz?
« Last post by RandMart on Today at 09:31:55 AM »
Yeah, I though that, too
Running / Re: amI nutz?
« Last post by nadra's lackey on Today at 09:15:32 AM »
Sweet.  Mount Washington on steroids!
« Last post by nadra's lackey on Today at 09:11:31 AM »
I read about that.  The distance thing seems pretty small in the grand scheme of things - typically when I run a half, the GPS comes out somewhere between 13.1 and 13.3 anyway.  That was pretty good of them to admit the screw-up though. 

The situation in the OP is why I almost always wear my bib on my shorts.  I'll typically race shirtless (or at least end up shirtless) down to somewhere in the 50s.  Either way, layers may be coming off at some point, so it's best to keep it on the layer that's most likely to stay on.

Also I hate merging courses shared by multiple distances with a passion.  Who wants to spend the latter part of a race weaving in and out of traffic? 
« Last post by RandMart on Today at 08:04:10 AM »
Is it an option for the elite to put the number on their shorts?

Rule 143 only says "visibly on the front" not necessarily attached to the singlet

If one bib is provided, it must be worn visibly on the front. When two bibs are provided, they must be worn on the singlet, front and back. If, pursuant to Rule 143.2, a singlet is not worn, the bibs should be worn on the shorts, front and back. The competitors may also be required to wear start list identifying numbers visibly on the hips and in other locations determined by the Games Committee.

In triathlon, we have the option of pinning the numbers to a Race Belt, which makes moving from biking to running easier ... but that's a whole other Rule Book

Means I DID hit my stretch goal of a sub 1:50 half!  (chip time was 1:50:25

Way to GO!!!
Running / Re: Thursday May 24, 2018
« Last post by Ice Cream on Today at 07:17:58 AM »
7 mile walk
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10