Author Topic: Perpetual What Are You Cooking Thread  (Read 110806 times)

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
Re: Perpetual What Are You Cooking Thread
« Reply #240 on: January 19, 2015, 12:39:49 PM »
If you have a bread machine, it is perfect for pizza dough, just set it to dough only cycle.

I made this oldie but goodie today. I am turning orange from all the orange foods I eat.

http://kblog.lunchboxbunch.com/2010/11/easy-tahini-curried-carrot-salad-spicy.html
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline rocketgirl

• The Runners
« Reply #241 on: January 24, 2015, 05:21:54 PM »
We made this (mostly - we're never exact) and also added mushrooms.  REALLY good.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/puttanesca-sauce-recipe.html

Ellen stole my joy and I want it back!

Offline Ice Cream

• The Runners
« Reply #242 on: January 25, 2015, 07:08:12 AM »
We made this (mostly - we're never exact) and also added mushrooms.  REALLY good.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/puttanesca-sauce-recipe.html

that looks delicious.

Offline ihop

• Passed on to another Brane
« Reply #243 on: February 02, 2015, 03:45:19 PM »
yes, it was.  we had that two weeks ago, and it was fantastic.

I am making this again tonight.  Yum!
La madre degli imbecilli รจ sempre incinta.

Offline diablita

• The Runners
« Reply #244 on: February 02, 2015, 09:17:31 PM »
When I made the really delicious Smitten Kitchen spinach and egg recipe, I saw this recipe for Shakshuka:

http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2010/04/shakshuka/

I LOVE shakshuka.  Ottolenghi has two different versions in 2 of his books and I was planning to make one, but Smitten Kitchen's is slightly more straightforward and had my DH's favorite combo of spices (paprika and coumin).  The recipe was absolutely delicious. 
"Some things you just need to do for yourself, even if it means nicking your nads."  --nneJ

Offline onawhim

• The Runners
« Reply #245 on: February 04, 2015, 03:30:00 PM »
I love it also.  So good. 
Because PANTS

Offline seattlegirl

• The Runners
« Reply #246 on: February 04, 2015, 10:52:34 PM »
When I made the really delicious Smitten Kitchen spinach and egg recipe, I saw this recipe for Shakshuka:

http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2010/04/shakshuka/

I LOVE shakshuka.  Ottolenghi has two different versions in 2 of his books and I was planning to make one, but Smitten Kitchen's is slightly more straightforward and had my DH's favorite combo of spices (paprika and coumin).  The recipe was absolutely delicious. 

I've never heard of shakshuka, but the recipe is full of things I like and looks delicious! 

Tonight I made this soup, but didn't puree it, as I was going for as simple a dish as possible.

http://www.acedarspoon.com/moroccan-carrot-red-lentil-soup/

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #247 on: February 05, 2015, 10:56:39 AM »
We had this for dinner last night. I made it with spaghetti noodles and added a red pepper, a head of broccoli, two celery stalks, a lb of tofu, snap peas, and some edamame (I stirfried everything except the snap peas and red peppers, which I threw in raw). It was a big hit!

I used a lime instead of the vinegar and a jalapeno instead of the chiligarlic sauce.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Cold-Sesame-Egg-Noodles-354710

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #248 on: February 05, 2015, 10:57:29 AM »
I've never heard of shakshuka, but the recipe is full of things I like and looks delicious! 

Tonight I made this soup, but didn't puree it, as I was going for as simple a dish as possible.

http://www.acedarspoon.com/moroccan-carrot-red-lentil-soup/

How was it? I have some carrots to use up.

Offline seattlegirl

• The Runners
« Reply #249 on: February 05, 2015, 09:34:36 PM »
How was it? I have some carrots to use up.

Good!  Quite thick though.  I bet it's even nicer if you're not too lazy to puree it.  :D

Offline nadra24

• The Runners
  • Quacker's Boss
« Reply #250 on: February 06, 2015, 02:53:54 PM »
I am eating a salad right now that is amazing!  It is romaine lettuce, roasted asparagus, salmon, farro, and blueberries.  I tossed the asparagus with a bit of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and sea salt and roasted it for about 10-15 minutes.  I spread the salmon with a touch of dijon mustard and cooked it at the same time as the asparagus.  The dressing is olive oil, balsamic, dijon, salt and pepper.  It would be even better with strawberries instead of blueberries, but that's what's in my fridge.  It would also be amazing with some goat cheese or feta.  Yum!

Offline seattlegirl

• The Runners
« Reply #251 on: February 07, 2015, 11:10:47 AM »
That sounds delicious, Nadra!

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #252 on: February 10, 2015, 12:52:15 PM »
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 12:58:53 PM by Run Amok »

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #253 on: February 10, 2015, 01:52:12 PM »
I have made dosas before but they were ground rice, lentils and poha (flattened rice). They were delicious and worth the work. The recipe I used took awhile because you had to soak the rice and lentils and then let the batter ferment once you made the batter, but soooo tasty.
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline Ice Cream

• The Runners
« Reply #254 on: February 11, 2015, 07:12:56 AM »
I have made dosas before but they were ground rice, lentils and poha (flattened rice). They were delicious and worth the work. The recipe I used took awhile because you had to soak the rice and lentils and then let the batter ferment once you made the batter, but soooo tasty.

Do you still eat rice?

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #255 on: February 11, 2015, 10:45:13 AM »
Do you still eat rice?
Not on a grain free diet.

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #256 on: February 20, 2015, 11:47:04 PM »

Offline rocketgirl

• The Runners
« Reply #257 on: February 22, 2015, 09:16:48 PM »
I think I am going to try to do pork chops with some kind of bourbon & apply and honey combination tomorrow night.  And probably normal garlic butter on asparagus, although maybe I'll try something with tomatoes, goat cheese, and balsamic.  Just because.

Ellen stole my joy and I want it back!

Offline diablita

• The Runners
« Reply #258 on: February 23, 2015, 07:50:57 PM »
I made pan-fried Alaskan cod tonight.  I've never made it before and would love your other cod preparation recipes because I kept it super simple.

DH and DD are so picky and even turn their noses up at salmon if I make it too often.  They like tilapia (boring!).  But DH went to TJ's while I was away and brought home a frozen package of the cod and told me how he wanted it (salt, pepper, lemon, pan-fried).  He despises grocery shopping but this was a helpful exercise for him.
"Some things you just need to do for yourself, even if it means nicking your nads."  --nneJ

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #259 on: February 24, 2015, 12:18:34 AM »
I made pan-fried Alaskan cod tonight.  I've never made it before and would love your other cod preparation recipes because I kept it super simple.

DH and DD are so picky and even turn their noses up at salmon if I make it too often.  They like tilapia (boring!).  But DH went to TJ's while I was away and brought home a frozen package of the cod and told me how he wanted it (salt, pepper, lemon, pan-fried).  He despises grocery shopping but this was a helpful exercise for him.
I am always impressed with the food you cook that you do not eat and I am assuming you do not taste. I find it very hard to do, and I am talking about things like barley, etc, not even meat.

+-SUPPORT US