Author Topic: Perpetual What Are You Cooking Thread  (Read 110229 times)

Offline diablita

• The Runners
Re: Perpetual What Are You Cooking Thread
« Reply #320 on: June 25, 2015, 10:26:58 AM »
 :heartbeat:
"Some things you just need to do for yourself, even if it means nicking your nads."  --nneJ

Offline rocketgirl

• The Runners
« Reply #321 on: June 26, 2015, 05:23:49 PM »
I guess it will be something with tomatoes.  My plants look like shit, but a few of them are producing nicely.
Ellen stole my joy and I want it back!

Offline caribougrrl

• Passed on to another Brane
« Reply #322 on: June 27, 2015, 11:55:26 AM »
I guess it will be something with tomatoes.  My plants look like shit, but a few of them are producing nicely.

the plants look like shit because they are funneling all spare resources into fruit, not leaf... it's a good thing!

Offline RioG

• The Runners
« Reply #323 on: June 27, 2015, 12:29:06 PM »
i just had the most amazing lunch.  my cooking is rudimentary compared to what you guys do but I'm always so proud when i try something and it's good.

today was onions, spinach and basil all fresh from my own garden sauteed in olive oil and red wine vinegar over pasta.  so frigging delicious,  fresh and almost free!

Offline Ice Cream

• The Runners
« Reply #324 on: June 29, 2015, 07:55:25 PM »
i just had the most amazing lunch.  my cooking is rudimentary compared to what you guys do but I'm always so proud when i try something and it's good.

today was onions, spinach and basil all fresh from my own garden sauteed in olive oil and red wine vinegar over pasta.  so frigging delicious,  fresh and almost free!

no way you can mess that up.

Offline RioG

• The Runners
« Reply #325 on: June 29, 2015, 08:18:19 PM »
ha!  tonight i managed too!  it was onion,  spinach and grape tomatoes.   it was kind of slimy :(  i think it was too much spinach and maybe too much oil?  the taste was ok but the texture wasn't nice.

Offline radial

• Non Sine Causa
« Reply #326 on: June 29, 2015, 09:10:33 PM »
Ground beef with a little chopped bacon mixed in for seasoning.  Lots of water, and a wee bit of scotch.  Kind of boring, but tomorrow I will wake up feeling great.  No possibility of gastric distress.  Steady emotional state with no mood swings.  Probably some fractional movement on the steady downward trend in body weight and fat/lean ratio.  Definitely no migraines.  Another day in paradise. :D

Offline ihop

« Reply #327 on: June 30, 2015, 03:01:38 PM »
Ground beef with a little chopped bacon mixed in for seasoning.  Lots of water, and a wee bit of scotch.  Kind of boring, but tomorrow I will wake up feeling great.  No possibility of gastric distress.  Steady emotional state with no mood swings.  Probably some fractional movement on the steady downward trend in body weight and fat/lean ratio.  Definitely no migraines.  Another day in paradise. :D

Charles, is that you?
La madre degli imbecilli è sempre incinta.

Offline radial

• Non Sine Causa
« Reply #328 on: June 30, 2015, 03:02:58 PM »
Charles, is that you?

Not quite :)

Offline ihop

« Reply #329 on: July 01, 2015, 01:50:56 PM »
 :D
La madre degli imbecilli è sempre incinta.

Offline rocketgirl

• The Runners
« Reply #330 on: July 21, 2015, 02:11:50 PM »
Last night I sliced up fresh tomatoes, basil, and a bit of oregano (all from my garden) with olive oil, kalamata olives, a few spinach leaves salvaged from the ones going bad in my fridge, garlic salt, pepper, a little Italian seasoning, and goat cheese over vegetable rotini pasta for a yummy pasta salad.

Roasted brussels sprouts in the oven with olive oil, sriracha, salt, and honey.  (Came out MUCH better than when I tried them on the grill and didn't cook them quite long enough.  Also helped to slice the really large ones into fourths instead of just halves).

Fresh jalapeno peppers stuffed with cream cheese and proscuitto and drizzled with honey.

We haven't had much time to cook lately, so it was nice.
Ellen stole my joy and I want it back!

+-SUPPORT US