Forum > Food

Pizza

<< < (3/3)

picote:

--- Quote from: witchypoo on January 02, 2023, 07:47:18 AM ---There was an entire issue of food and wine devoted to pizza crust. We have used that recipe for some time now and it is really good. I will dig it out (unless you have a food and wine subscription?).

--- End quote ---

Oh, thank you! I don’t subscribe anymore, but will do some digging. Radial, thanks for the link.

witchypoo:
that's the one - here's the whole shebang

https://www.foodandwine.com/cooking-techniques/pizza-guide

Natasha:
I haven’t been able to consistently make good pizza. My two cooking options are my tiny oven or the grill. Grill turns out better but I have trouble getting the dough on it without deforming, and then not burning it.

picote:
Getting the dough on is all about the dough and products, imo. A wooden pizza peel, sprinkled with cornmeal or semolina flour, and the dough slides off. The key to not burning is the right type of dough for the temperature. We had been using a pizza stone on the grill. NY style crust with lots of cheese and pepperoni uses a lower temp on the stone. We’ve been buying from a local place that does a make your own pizza kit and they told us 600 degrees. I haven’t put the gun on our stone to check the temp, but my guess is it’s lower. Our pizza oven gets to 800. We’ve been using a simple neopolitan style dough in it and getting good results.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version