Forum > Food

Delicious easy weeknight dinners

(1/3) > >>

Kumbaya:
I was skeptical but this was very tasty and simple.

https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1023104-skillet-broccoli-spaghetti

Skillet Broccoli Spaghetti

INGREDIENTS

6  garlic cloves
1 ½  pounds broccoli
¼  cup unsalted butter
4  anchovy fillets
12  ounces spaghetti (or another pasta that cooks in 10 minutes)
 Kosher salt
 ½ teaspoon red-pepper flakes
 Grated Parmesan, for serving (optional)

Step 1
Thinly slice the garlic and transfer to a large (12-inch) skillet with high sides. Cut the florets off the broccoli, keeping as much of the branch connected to the trunk as possible. Peel the trunk and cut the trunk and branches into 1/2-inch pieces. Transfer to the skillet. Roughly chop the florets so even the biggest pieces fit on a soup spoon. Leave the florets on the cutting board.

Step 2
To the skillet, add the butter and anchovies, and set over medium-high. Cook, smashing the anchovies and stirring the butter, until the garlic and broccoli are softened, 2 to 3 minutes.

Step 3
Add the spaghetti, the florets and any broccoli bits on the board, 2 teaspoons salt and the red-pepper flakes. Pour over 5 cups water. Bring to a boil over high, then cook, tossing often with tongs, until the spaghetti is al dente, 8 to 12 minutes. If the pasta is looking dry, add more water. Eat with grated Parmesan, if using.

RioG:
Haha, that's almost exactly what I had.

My version:  saute broccoli, peppers and garlic in olive oil, add soy sauce, lemon juice, maple syrup.  Toss in the noodles.

Kumbaya:

--- Quote from: RioG on May 02, 2022, 09:51:30 PM ---Haha, that's almost exactly what I had.

My version:  saute broccoli, peppers and garlic in olive oil, add soy sauce, lemon juice, maple syrup.  Toss in the noodles.

--- End quote ---
We debated between anchovies and soy sauce. We went with anchovy paste!

picote:
I almost started this thread, with the addition of low calorie in the title.

Tonight we did a chicken salad that was incredibly easy and still healthy. I poached a bunch of chicken breasts in the instant pot last week. Super fast and easy. Tonight we cubed up a couple, added Nancy’s yogurt and a bit of Mayo, celery, Dijon and vinegar along with a bunch of chopped dill and had it over mixed greens and doused liberally with balsamic vinegar. So good.

It’s also very good on focaccia with mixed greens and a basil/balsamic dressing, but that’s not quite as healthy.

Kumbaya:
Low calorie is also good. But I like full calorie too. :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version