Forum > Food

recommend a waffle maker for me

(1/5) > >>

caribougrrl:
I am looking for a reliable waffle maker... reading a bazillion reviews has not really helped me distinguish between good and bad waffle makers, so I need personal stories for help.

I want to be able to use if for stuff that is not strictly a waffle (e.g. macaroni and cheese), so the ones where you pour batter into a spout are no use.

I cannot figure out if the highly rated ones where you have to flip the waffle iron part over part way through cooking have some crazy advantage to them or if it's just more work.  I can't tell if the non-stick plates that people complain are not non-stick are really not non-stick or if people just aren't using enough fat in their batter. 

Help me, please.

witchypoo:
I have a $25 plain old bottom of the barrel Cuisinart waffle maker and it works just fine.

BonitaApplebum:
I'm no help. I got an $8 little waffle maker at target for eliza and she loves it.

Tell me more about mac and cheese waffles, though...

caribougrrl:

--- Quote from: BonitaApplebum on September 17, 2018, 08:24:32 AM ---I'm no help. I got an $8 little waffle maker at target for eliza and she loves it.

Tell me more about mac and cheese waffles, though...

--- End quote ---

it's an idea in my head right now... I'm not a fan of mac and cheese, but I am a fan of the crispy cheesy edges of home made baked mac and cheese and it occurred to me that a waffle iron could maybe create a whole lot of crispy cheesy edges... I'm not a big fan of waffles either, but I feel like I could get into waffled mac and cheese. 

I also think I would like waffles if I had control over them... by not a big fan, I mean I have never really had a restaurant waffle I liked... and the number of those I've eaten have been very limited because I don't tend to order them.

caribougrrl:

--- Quote from: witchypoo on September 16, 2018, 07:06:48 PM ---I have a $25 plain old bottom of the barrel Cuisinart waffle maker and it works just fine.

--- End quote ---

excellent

that one goes on sale fairly frequently

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version