Forum > The Fruit Stand (Photography)

New favorite picture I've ever taken!

(1/3) > >>

Roxy Poodle:
I had probably the best seats I've ever had to a big concert on Friday night: I was in the front row of the first side section after the stage for Night 7 of Jay-Z's eight night run at the new Barclays Center in Brooklyn. The seats were elevated about four feet off the floor, so it was a totally unobstructed view. This picture was the result of a little bit of talent, a lot of luck, and some bizarre perspective thing that I still haven't figured out. Just thought it really captured the energy of the show!

It was a little difficult because I was working with just my compact camera, but I got a lot of really decent shots. I haven't finished editing everything, but so far, I also really like these two:

Such a great set of shows! I ended up going to four of the eight shows he played in Brooklyn over the last week, and I'm totally depressed that the run is over! If you ever have the chance to check him out, even if you're not a big fan, don't turn down the opportunity. He's such a charismatic performer, and at least in NYC, he attracts an absurdly excited and fun crowd!

Eco Ellen:
 :D  You DO like taking concert pictures.  And you do nice work!

moroccangirl:
You always get great shots!

Roxy Poodle:

--- Quote from: Eco Ellen on October 09, 2012, 11:20:48 AM --- :D  You DO like taking concert pictures.

--- End quote ---

Ha! It's really the *only* kind of pictures I take! I did portraits for that singer back in August, and I sat out on my sidewalk two weeks ago taking pictures of these insane Linkin Park toys I got from Japan, but (a) even those were music-related, and (b) those are literally close to the only non-concert photos I've ever taken. It's weird to enjoy a hobby so much, yet be so totally specific about it!

makeda:
Very nice.  And a compact camera, no less!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version