Forum > Running

For racers: how is the training working out?

(1/6) > >>

Ice Cream:
I am close to my goal race: taper just started!

caito:
My training has been going well…I feel strong.  I'm in the middle of my peak weeks.

2 weekends ago:  19 miles
Last weekend: 20
This weekend: 12 (recovery!)
And then 2 more weeks alternating long runs  20 and 12, then taper. 

I am a little jealous of everyone running Chicago this weekend. Late marathons are great because you can train in the colder weather, but  I can't wait til it's my turn to race.  :)

merigayle:
I had my race last weekend and the weather worked hard against me, as well as some race conditions and i only made it about 1/4 through the race before not meeting a cut off :( A lot of training, unpaid time off of work, big entry fee, etc, blech.

merigayle:
Ok, debating running a 12 hour race in a few weeks. That would make it all better right??

ctjim:
Half marathon tomorrow.
I originally set out planning and training to run the full, but ramped up mileage too quickly and started to feel the effects.
It's been 10 years since I've run a full marathon, so I honestly could remember if I felt the same aches/pains/etc. then or not. I know, however, that I didn't like it and it made me not want to get out the door in the morning.
So, I took a week off in mid-August, reevaluated, and decided to "just" run the half instead.
I backed of the weekly miles some, and since then things have been going great, especially now that the weather has cooled.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version