Author Topic: Food Log Thread: What are you eating today?  (Read 24439 times)

Offline MiniDriver

• Passed on to another Brane
Food Log Thread: What are you eating today?
« on: February 04, 2013, 09:09:50 AM »
In Sue's thread, a couple of people mentioned it might be helpful to have a thread to share what we're eating for accountability.  And, when we get off track others can gently suggest changes.  I've gotten very sloppy about snacking, mainly on grains and need to get back on track.

Today's meals:

Hashbrowns (1 cup grated sweet potato, 1/4 cup diced onions/peppers, 1/4 cup sliced cherry tomatoes)
Banana

Apple

Vegan American Chop Suey (Vegan sausage, macaroni, diced tomatoes w/chilis, kidney beans)

Apple

Mexican Skillet Pie
2 Medjool Dates

I'm hoping to break the habit of grabbing a couple of slices of bread or some crackers after dinner.  Gotta get back into the habit of brushing my teeth right after dinner.

Exercise:
2.5 mile walk home from work
30 minutes on bike trainer
#minidriverisagenius

Shut up mini. Just because google changed it, doesn't mean in elementary school, we got it wrong.

She's an awful, awful human being.

I tend to trust Mini on these issues
Mini is so smart!

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
Re: Food Log Thread: What are you eating today?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 09:48:01 AM »
So far today:
tofu scramble
2 oz OJ (to take my liquid vitamins in, cannot stomach them straight up :D )
1 tea, nothing added

Sick with a cold so long run nixed and I walked on the TM for quite awhile, 5-6 miles. (my TM is not calibrated properly).

1 pink lady apple post workout.
2 bottles of water.

Lunch-- big bowl of hot and sour soup
chickpea salad
1 bottle water
apple

tahini carrot salad with tofu, sunflower seeds and raisins
apple

Will come back and add as I eat today. Day off today, so hoping to do a big batch of cooking.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 07:24:31 AM by merigayle »
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

jomike

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 10:13:12 AM »
So far: 2 coffees, .75L water, banana.  (Mornings usually aren't too bad; the horror comes later.)

Couldn't get outta bed at 4:30, so no run today  :-[

Offline Clementine

• I Can't now, I'm Busy Posting
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 10:22:28 AM »
Today's Plan:

Breakfast: 1/3 cup oats, 1/2 gala apple, 1/2 granny smith, cinnamon (microwaved in water), 1/2 grapefruit

Lunch: Black Bean and Artichoke Pasta Medley (http://www.sharp.com/nutrition/bean-pasta-artichoke-medley.cfm), homemade cheesy garlic dinner roll, 1/2 cucumber

Dinner: Mexican Corn and Bean Soup (essentially this: http://www.myrecipes.com/m/recipe/mexican-corn-bean-soup-10000000577219/) with tortilla strips and green onion, baby carrots, 3 ginger snaps

Snacks: homemade lowfat, vegan banana muffin, gala apple

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 10:45:27 AM »
I am currently targetting 1600-2000 cal/day (depending on how much I excercise). Today will be a lower calorie range day.

Breakfast: 1/2 cup fiber cereal, 2tbs granola, 1 cup coconut milk, 1/2 cup frozen raspberries. Fruit. Big glass of water.
Snack: Smallish orange, 1/4 cup almonds
Lunch: leftovers from the whole foods hot bar a few bites of each of the following: potato samosa, paneer curry, spicy collard green stew, sweet potato tots, and lentil stew.
PM snack: 6oz 2% greek yogurt + 1/2 cup homemade applesauce
pre-workout snack: pb & j sandwich + small apple (I use sara lee delightful bread- it's 90 calories for two small slices)
Dinner- Not sure yet... probably a black bean veggie burger with 1 slice of 2% cheese, ketchup & mustard, pickles, side of sauteed peppers & onions, and a side salad.  (no bun)

I still measure most of my portions. It's just easier for me to do it that way. Otherwise, I am really bad about sneaking in just a bit extra and, before I know it, my portions are all way more than I need.

Excercise: 3 miles + 75 minutes of yoga
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 11:33:54 AM by Run Amok »

Offline Mom of Scooby

• The Runners
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 10:45:55 AM »
I wish you people would all just join my fitness pal and we could friend each other.. it would be so much easier..

I had my trainer this morning..

So far I have had 2 hard boiled eggs.. since no home breakfast...
3 prunes, a string cheese and a chobani pear yogurt..

For lunch I have 3 oz turkey breast on pumpernickel bread with lettuce and tomato and pepper strips..

Afternoon snack is 7 ounce non fat cottage cheese with strawberries and if I run after work, either 15 almonds or a tbs peanut butter pre run and then apple post run..

Dinner will be 6 oz (or equivalent of 2 protein servings what ever I have) and veggies and salad..

I know this looks like a butt load of food, but I am losing stedily on this plan and it's from my nutritionist.

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2013, 11:16:40 AM »
I know this looks like a butt load of food, but I am losing stedily on this plan and it's from my nutritionist.

:skep:

Looks very healthy to me. Not like too much food. It also looks a lot like the plan I follow- lean protein + fruits & veggies+ a little healthy fat and a moderate amount of carbs. That is what I lose eating also!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 11:34:57 AM by Run Amok »

Offline caito

• The Runners
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2013, 11:29:28 AM »
I wish you people would all just join my fitness pal and we could friend each other.. it would be so much easier..

I had my trainer this morning..

So far I have had 2 hard boiled eggs.. since no home breakfast...
3 prunes, a string cheese and a chobani pear yogurt..

For lunch I have 3 oz turkey breast on pumpernickel bread with lettuce and tomato and pepper strips..

Afternoon snack is 7 ounce non fat cottage cheese with strawberries and if I run after work, either 15 almonds or a tbs peanut butter pre run and then apple post run..

Dinner will be 6 oz (or equivalent of 2 protein servings what ever I have) and veggies and salad..

This does not look like a butt load of food at all!  You're losing steadily because it's healthful and appropriately sized for your activity level.

Brutal honesty here:   Sometimes threads like this bother me because it seems like at times it's a "who ate the least" contest.   And that's not healthy and it's not sustainable.  Not eating enough to fuel your workouts or just your regular day is pretty much just setting yourself to fall into old habits. 

I like the accountability and motivation of threads, but I hope this one doesn't turn into a "I only ate 1200 calories today and ran 4 miles!" thing.

"Libs are all pro-choice until it comes to something important like trash service."

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2013, 11:39:54 AM »

I'm on there but I couldn't find you... my name on there is alpenboarder

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2013, 11:44:50 AM »
This does not look like a butt load of food at all!  You're losing steadily because it's healthful and appropriately sized for your activity level.

Brutal honesty here:   Sometimes threads like this bother me because it seems like at times it's a "who ate the least" contest.   And that's not healthy and it's not sustainable.  Not eating enough to fuel your workouts or just your regular day is pretty much just setting yourself to fall into old habits. 

I like the accountability and motivation of threads, but I hope this one doesn't turn into a "I only ate 1200 calories today and ran 4 miles!" thing.
i agree. i am open to looking into that app if everyone is on board with that. I am not sure how that works.

I do not always like threads like this, but i am really trying so hard to lose weight and not doing too good of a job, so i will post today and go from there :)
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline Mom of Scooby

• The Runners
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2013, 11:54:00 AM »
I'm on there but I couldn't find you... my name on there is alpenboarder

I can't find you either and you can send thru fb.. but I don't think we are friends on FB... I will look for you on FB and friend you, but you need to request me through my email, curlygirl61@gmail.com

Offline cgraz

• The Runners
  • Invisible since 2001.
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2013, 11:55:55 AM »
I don't want to post my food, because I eat ordinary things like English muffins with peanut butter, and tuna sandwiches.  :P
This space for rent.

Offline Mom of Scooby

• The Runners
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2013, 11:56:06 AM »

I agree with this... about the lower calorie stuff... it doesn't work either..

But anyway.. my plan from my nutritionist is geared toward leaning out.. so it's a little protein heavy and lower carb.. when I plug it in at the end of the day my percentages are over on the protein and under on the carbs...

I'm not sure how it's going to work in the next cycle because I'm 11 weeks out from a half and my mileage is going up so I will probably have to add an evening carb, which I do not have now.

Offline Mom of Scooby

• The Runners
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2013, 11:56:38 AM »
I don't want to post my food, because I eat ordinary things like English muffins with peanut butter, and tuna sandwiches.  :P

OMG.. so do I.  That's what this is for!!!!!  I eat full calorie bread at my lunch!!!

Offline caito

• The Runners
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2013, 11:57:15 AM »

Me too.   And I eat more than 2,000 calories/day!   
"Libs are all pro-choice until it comes to something important like trash service."

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2013, 11:58:32 AM »
downloading it to my iPhone as we speak.

Offline cgraz

• The Runners
  • Invisible since 2001.
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2013, 11:58:50 AM »
I don't even know how many calories I eat!  :panic:

This space for rent.

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2013, 12:03:08 PM »

Thank you for saying this!

Nothing wrong with either of those things.

If it makes you feel any better I ate an ice cream cone fri night. And nachos for lunch saturday. Half a leftover "naked burrito" from qdoba for breakfast, a pretzle at the movies, whole foods hot bar for lunch, Curry for dinner last night, shared dessert... and had a drink.

Weeekdays I keep it pretty simple though.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2013, 12:05:43 PM »
If it makes any of you feel better, i eat really well and still can't lose weight ;)

With this app, if i friend you, will it share my weight?

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2013, 12:11:29 PM »

I have been waiting to get yelled at by you for weeks!  :d

...and honestly, it would help me to see what people like you eat, because you work out a lot and maintain a healthy weight. When I started running into some issues I realized that I probably wasn't eating enough calories and, honestly, it shocked the hell out of me to find out that I needed to be eating closer to 2k/cal/day to maintain. It's a pretty significant mindset shift to go from eating to lose weight to eating to maintain + workout. So, I'm trying... but seeing how people who are already good at it, do it, is very helpful.

+-SUPPORT US