Author Topic: Dutch Oven/Cast Iron Skillet Questions  (Read 24898 times)

Offline harmony

• Help me, I'm melting....
Re: Dutch Oven/Cast Iron Skillet Questions
« Reply #60 on: January 07, 2013, 07:09:27 AM »
Ummm, these recipes look great!  I cook almost exclusively in my cast iron skilled (12") and love it.  I have a smaller one but don't use it that often.  For Christmas I got a cast-iron wok which is great.  My DH ground the 12" down for me a bit and it's becoming as smooth as glass.

Offline debbatx

• Passed on to another Brane
« Reply #61 on: January 07, 2013, 09:40:19 AM »
The stew came out great! And the pot cleaned up really well, too, so yay! We're making a stir-fry kind of meal on Wednesday, so I'll get to use the skillet again then - I'm ridiculously excited about that thing.
"The moral of this story, Jamers, is time goes poof, so don't let anyone mess with what time you have." - RioG

Offline radial

• Passed on to another Brane
  • Non Sine Causa
« Reply #62 on: January 07, 2013, 12:39:18 PM »
Ummm, these recipes look great!  I cook almost exclusively in my cast iron skilled (12") and love it.  I have a smaller one but don't use it that often.  For Christmas I got a cast-iron wok which is great.  My DH ground the 12" down for me a bit and it's becoming as smooth as glass.

Same here.  I don't even put it away, it just sits on the stove waiting for the next assignment. 

LilyLily

« Reply #63 on: January 07, 2013, 06:44:20 PM »
Same here.  I don't even put it away, it just sits on the stove waiting for the next assignment. 

Me too.  I love it. 

Offline Cool Foot Luke

• The Runners
    • The Promise of Living
« Reply #64 on: January 07, 2013, 10:07:43 PM »
This is one of my favorite things to make in a cast iron pan: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/good-eats/dutch-baby-recipe/index.html

Dutch baby?
At first, I thought you'd gotten the recipe from this site:
http://www.asylumnation.com/asylum/showthread.php?threadid=49925

+-SUPPORT US