Author Topic: Some thing I can do with half a head of cabbage... easy?  (Read 11478 times)

Offline Mom of Scooby

• The Runners
Re: Some thing I can do with half a head of cabbage... easy?
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2012, 04:25:58 PM »
i never wash ours.  :e)

I didn't wash mine either... ewwww

Offline The Turtle Whisperer

• Passed on to another Brane
  • has no fucks to give
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2013, 09:52:03 AM »
I slice it into rounds (or half rounds), place on cookie sheet, spray it with oil and sprinkle it with salt, garlic powder, and smokey paprika and roast until it starts to get crispy around the edges. YUM.

wow, were these ever good! I just did olive oil and crushed garlic.... This will be a staple around here, thanks!
People put a lot less effort into picking apart evidence that confirms what they already believe.

The money is in the division. Always has been, always will be. Divide and rule, the politician cries; unite and lead, is the watchword of the wise.

Offline diablita

• The Runners
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2013, 10:53:05 AM »
yes, I did this the other day and it was delicious
"Some things you just need to do for yourself, even if it means nicking your nads."  --nneJ

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2013, 11:50:37 AM »
You have got to do the smoked paprika! you won't be disappointed!!!!! I am going to make a cabbage pad thai recipe i saw on pinterest tonight. will report back.
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline YoSaffBridge

• Turgid
    • i probably liked it
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2013, 01:13:03 PM »
http://www.canyoustayfordinner.com/2012/11/12/lightened-up-pad-thai-for-two/

I've been wanting to make this pad-thai-esque recipe for a while but haven't gotten around to it. The idea is that you use just the cabbage, no noodles, but I think you could get away with just adding a tiny handful of noodles too.

Offline diablita

• The Runners
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2013, 01:22:49 PM »
yes, I think that's the one meri is going to make tonight.  I can't wait to hear about how it turns out; have been meaning to make it.
"Some things you just need to do for yourself, even if it means nicking your nads."  --nneJ

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2013, 01:26:42 PM »
yep, cabbage instead of noodles.
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2013, 05:54:48 PM »
I made te cabbage pad thai and basically used my regular recipe but subbed shredded cabbage for noodles. It was super tasty!

Offline picote

• Exists as only Hawking radiation
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2013, 05:11:46 PM »
One of my favorites is braised cabbage with caraway seeds. Just heat a little oil/butter in the pan, add ~1T of caraway seeds and let them toast a bit, then add sliced cabbage and brown, then a few tablespoons water or chicken stock and let it cook until tender. So good and ridiculously easy!

+-SUPPORT US