Author Topic: Weird foods  (Read 11618 times)

Offline oblio

• The Runners
Weird foods
« on: July 29, 2015, 01:13:20 AM »
I went through a while where I really wanted to eat a Sharpie. Yes, the pen. I didn't, I know better, I just really wanted to. These days I want to drink pasta sauce. I don't care if it's on anything, I'm more than happy to drink it out of the bottle. One of my all time favorite weird foods is green olives, hard boiled eggs, and miracle whip.

I can't be the only one with unusual tastes. What weird thing do you crave?

siamesedream

Re: Weird foods
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 01:56:28 AM »
I went through a while where I really wanted to eat a Sharpie. Yes, the pen. I didn't, I know better, I just really wanted to. These days I want to drink pasta sauce. I don't care if it's on anything, I'm more than happy to drink it out of the bottle. One of my all time favorite weird foods is green olives, hard boiled eggs, and miracle whip.

I can't be the only one with unusual tastes. What weird thing do you crave?

I'm totally with you on the green olives, for some reason they induce me into a hunger trance. I also love black olives on pizza.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 10:11:11 AM »
My mother used to drink salsa and call it "gazpacho," i guess it is close!

Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline srsly

• NTTAWWT
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 11:27:21 AM »
Nothing weird about eating olives. Sharpie, yes. But when I was a kid, I used to chew on the ends of my pencils after the eraser was used up. I don't have a weird food cravings anymore since I was about 10. I think my cravings was called pica. I heard it was due to lack of certain nutrients that our body needs. Some people eat clay, chalk, or glass. Heard it on TAL once during a run. I almost threw up listening to the story. Worst.story.ever.
It ain't a party til mags shows up. -wonderwoman

Offline Dagstag v 2.0

• When last seen zhe was crossing the event horizon
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2015, 02:06:04 PM »
My mother used to drink salsa and call it "gazpacho," i guess it is close!

My mom would eat bowls of this black bean/corn salsa she found once, she said it was like a bean/corn salad.

When I was really little, I used to imagine what it would be like to eat those soap hanger things (like you put in dishwashers), I thought they would be like a minty popsicle.  I never did, though.

Offline redkitty

• Passed on to another Brane
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2015, 02:29:41 PM »
When I start to crave pasta sauce, I know it means I need energy.  Because pasta sauce comes with pasta...which is yummy carbs, which means energy. Seriously, if I start craving pasta sauce, it is usually because I have been worn out or been working out too much or not getting enough calories (this latter is pretty rare.)  It took me a while to figure that out actually. 

Offline witchypoo

• The Runners
  • benign librarian overlord
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2015, 01:32:35 PM »
i crave peas almost exclusively.  as i eat a lot of other foods high in vitamin c, i'm not sure which of the other nutrients my body wants. 

anyway.  i like cooked (hot) peas with caesar dressing - while i don't think that's particularly odd, others have commented.

Offline ihop

• Passed on to another Brane
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2015, 10:40:00 AM »
Olives and hard boiled eggs are pretty standard around our house!

I used to crave broccoli slaw with ranch dressing (which I normally avoid) stuffed in a pita. 
La madre degli imbecilli è sempre incinta.

Offline srsly

• NTTAWWT
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2015, 10:15:08 PM »
I don't consider olives as weird because it's a staple for us. We snack on the black ones all the time. The green sweet olives are my favorite though.

Offline nadra24

• The Runners
  • Quacker's Boss
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2015, 11:39:17 AM »
Grilled cheese sandwiches (not weird) eaten with home-canned peaches (not weird). But you dip the sandwich in the juice from the peaches, which is weird but delicious.

Offline picote

• Exists as only Hawking radiation
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2015, 02:10:34 PM »
Toasted peanut butter and dill pickle sandwiches are a favorite. As is cottage cheese and Fritos.

Eggs, olives and mayo actually sounds pretty good. Kind of like eggs w creme fresh and a dollop of caviar in terms of the flavor profile

Offline oblio

• The Runners
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2015, 05:46:53 PM »
Yeah, I didn't mean olives or eggs seperatly, but all mashed together with miracle whip. I think it's normal too, but have had a lot of comments.

I was thinking tomato soup with the pasta sauce thing, gazpacho works too. Surely they can't be that different. It could be a pasta craving, I had really reduced my carbs when I was craving it so much. But I'd still be fine sitting down to drink a bottle, even with the pasta!

I crave peas a lot too. I just heat them up and eat them out of the bag.

I've had grilled cheese with apple, but never peaches. Seems like it could be good though. Still weird, though  :D Pickle and peanut butter- def weird! But I may have to try it...
My dad loves peanut butter, jelly, and velveeta cheese  :vomit:

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2015, 06:38:51 PM »
I used to love yellow mustard, pickle and crouton sandwiches.
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline triciaflower

• I Can't now, I'm Busy Posting
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2015, 06:44:36 PM »
Green olives, eggs and mayo is a staple in my potato salad recipe. Soooo good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline nadra24

• The Runners
  • Quacker's Boss
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2015, 09:49:22 PM »
Another weird and delicious grilled cheese thing is to put jam in with the cheese. So good!

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2015, 10:20:42 AM »
Another weird and delicious grilled cheese thing is to put jam in with the cheese. So good!
people put cheese in their apple pies, so along those lines, i suppose?

Offline diablita

• The Runners
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2015, 07:41:30 PM »
There are tons of savory pastries from Latin America that include jam/fruit including tequeños with guyaba, pan con queso (bread with cheese) with guayaba and all sorts of other sweet fruit pastes.  And of course cheese plates are delicious with fig or other fruit jams.
"Some things you just need to do for yourself, even if it means nicking your nads."  --nneJ

Offline srsly

• NTTAWWT
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2015, 03:34:53 PM »
Grilled watermelon pizza brushed with balsamic vinaigrette topped with blue cheese, rocket, and walnuts. Weird that it's grilled, even weirder to call it pizza for topping it with cheese and other stuff. But it's good!!

Offline Natasha

• The Runners
    • Pisces Blog
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2015, 11:20:36 PM »
I made a salad today that was in the Food and Wine email... it was weird but good. Fresh cherries, cilantro, onions, white wine vinegar and fish sauce.

Offline rocketgirl

• The Runners
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2015, 02:19:29 PM »
Toasted peanut butter and dill pickle sandwiches are a favorite. As is cottage cheese and Fritos.

Eggs, olives and mayo actually sounds pretty good. Kind of like eggs w creme fresh and a dollop of caviar in terms of the flavor profile

There's a Greek chain that used to have an egg and olive salad for sandwiches and stuff.  (Kind of like egg salad with olives and stuff in it.)  It was SO good.  But they don't have it anymore. 
Ellen stole my joy and I want it back!

+-SUPPORT US