Forum > The Fruit Stand (Photography)

Weekly Themes

<< < (2/13) > >>

TK:
I still dont get it. 

So i just take a picture of something that was handed down to me from my parents or someone?

bootsie:
This is my take on it...

There will be 2 photos side by side.  One photo is something you've inherited - whether it be a physical item or maybe something else like a personality trait, use your imagination.  The other photo will be of something you will (or have) passed on. 

Still clear as mud?

Of course, I could be completely wrong on this...but that's just my take on the theme.

Here's an example of a diptych photo....not mine!

Toclafane:

--- Quote from: tkalagher on April 18, 2008, 11:29:45 AM ---I still dont get it. 

So i just take a picture of something that was handed down to me from my parents or someone?

--- End quote ---

Two images, one of which represents something handed down to you by the previous generation, the other of which represents something you've handed on.   No constraints on what the images contain - the nose you got from your mother and the graduation ring you gave your goddaughter, a flower because you inherited a love of gardening from your dad and your messy desk because your son has got your untidiness....

Here's some examples of diptychs from flickr.

One way of making a diptych from two images is given here.  And some more advice here.

Honey Badger:
OK, while we're discussing it, the self portrait is already giving me fits!
And so is film noir.
I have never psoted a picture of myself on the internets and probably won't start now.  I'm an introvert, remember?   :o
So can self portrait be any interpretation?

:-\

Oh, and diptych sounds like dipstick with a lisp.   :)

Toclafane:

--- Quote from: wannab on April 18, 2008, 03:18:41 PM ---So can self portrait be any interpretation?
--- End quote ---

I think there's only two rules to any of this:

Rule 1:  There are no rules.

Rule 2: See Rule 1.

:)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version