Forum > Running

Covid to First Marathon

<< < (4/4)

DrT(weekendwrAcur):

--- Quote from: diablita on February 14, 2021, 09:30:03 PM ---How did it go?

--- End quote ---
A lot of positives!

1. PR for Half Marathon (2:14:00) and at several other distances, including my first sub-hour 10K at 58:27.

2. Possibly new course record for my age. This is only the third year they’ve offered this distance but I’ll take it! The guy who would have been favored to set this record was registered but decided not to start. Lots of DNS due to the cold weather.

3. I haven’t seen a sustained HR this high since maybe 15-20 years ago when I ran a few 8-mile Turkey Trots as one-off cross training runs from cycling. This means that I was probably training at too easy of an effort this winter, but that I may have even more potential upside to my fitness and race performance for later in the year.

4. Improved my qualified start wave for my August target race by at least two groups.

5. My cadence start-to-finish was high and stayed high (I had to push to keep it up at the end)

Lots of areas to improve, too. (Nutrition was good but could use a little more, power drops due to fatigue, plus I fell and tripped once <yay, trail running!>)

Overall had a blast despite a couple setbacks and I’m looking forward to the next goal(s)!

And since I’m convinced I’m “over” Covid... I will probably start a new thread for the next phase of my training journey :)

diablita:
Well congratulations.  Great job!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version