Author Topic: Thanksgiving Menu!  (Read 7183 times)

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
Re: Thanksgiving Menu!
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2017, 04:30:21 PM »
DD and I always go to a local vegan restaurant owned by Chinese Buddhists. They put on a lovely banquet :D
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline BonitaApplebum

• Alpha Food Geek
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2017, 05:17:03 PM »
I had my thanksgiving party on Sunday. I usually just make the turkey and gravy (which came out great), but this year I also made a pumpkin pie and my MIL's green bean casserole (because she couldn't come). My talented friends brought everything else: potatoes, sweet potato casserole, kale salad, cranberry sauce, broccoli/cauliflower casserole, stuffing. For dessert we had my pie plus apple pie, strawberry rhubarb pie, pumpkin whoopie pies, brownies, and merengues. Every single dish was amazing.

On Thursday my brother is making the bird and apps, and I'm doing a variety of sides.

My problem is I have too many holiday casseroles that I love, and I can't make them all. But I want to! Options currently include:

- onion/shallot/leek gratin
- wild rice with cubed roasted butternut squash, corn, and cranberries
- my granny's creamed spinach

But, I might try something new. Who knows.

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2017, 10:47:11 AM »
I think I'm bringing cranberry sauce even though I wasn't asked to.  I usually cook for Thanksgiving and while I SO appreciate our friends' invitation, it just isn't Thanksgiving without the cranberry sauce I make.  We love it. 

:rotfl:

I know what you mean. If we don't to TG at home, DD usually requests that I make a few of my regulars at some point because she misses them. I haven't done TG in years though, so I think I"m in the clear at this point!

Offline nadra24

• The Runners
  • Quacker's Boss
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2017, 12:11:03 PM »
We are going to my brother's house. I am bringing a blueberry pie, and then just helping with whatever last-minute stuff they need in the kitchen. My siblings are very particular about which foods must be present at Thanksgiving, and since my brother is cooking then I know the pomegranate salad, chocolate pie, mashed potatoes, and rolls will be the way I like them. (Not that I'll be able to eat more than a few bites of anything anyway)

+-SUPPORT US