Author Topic: What can I do with a can of coconut milk?  (Read 9613 times)

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
Re: What can I do with a can of coconut milk?
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2013, 02:02:11 PM »
I have been making a thai ginger sweet potato soup, or something like it, lately--

1 onion diced and sauteed w some garlic and ginger, 3-4 sweet potatoes diced, cover with broth, cook until soft, add 1 can light coconut milk (cause i use the light kind, any kind will work) and blend, i use my immersion blender cause i am afraid to poor all that soup into the vitamix.
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline gebuh

• The Runners
  • don't worry, I'm a doctor
    • cycle touring
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2013, 07:09:04 PM »
I most recently used coconut milk in this recipe, it was delicious.

Moqueca – Brazilian Fish Stew

I am sooooo going to make this

Offline qarhon

• Borderline
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2013, 12:31:03 PM »
I am sooooo going to make this

In that case, I highly recommend pairing with caipirinhas  :D

Offline gebuh

• The Runners
  • don't worry, I'm a doctor
    • cycle touring
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2013, 10:49:31 PM »
omg I made this for dinner tonight - I used 2 1/4 lbs of cod and 1/2 lb of cut up shrimp - it was off the chain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I used fresh parsley instead of cilantro, extra garlic - actually extra most of the spices and it was pure awesomeness.  The shrimp added a nice bit of texture to it.
My sister and her picky kids came by and gobbled it up (minus the fish, they don't like fish, np - more for us). 
I cannot rave about this dish enough and it will definitely be in my regular rotation.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2013, 06:45:00 AM »
1.  Or that dessert RA posted in the main forum.  I love coconut milk and use it quite a bit.
that recipe was in the current vegetarian times and they made it look very pretty.
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

+-SUPPORT US