Author Topic: Perpetual Healthy Eating and Fitness Rant & Rave thread  (Read 1573177 times)

Offline BonitaApplebum

• Alpha Food Geek
Re: Perpetual Healthy Eating and Fitness Rant & Rave thread
« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2012, 08:29:10 PM »
Mini - just saw the pic. You look GREAT!!!

:)

Offline MiniDriver

• Passed on to another Brane
« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2012, 08:31:39 PM »
Leery about Jillian.  I've done some of her circuit workouts and they were pretty lame with long gaps between the segments, but maybe that was more targeted to the biggest loser audience.  I think 30 minutes could be an intense workout. 
#minidriverisagenius

Shut up mini. Just because google changed it, doesn't mean in elementary school, we got it wrong.

She's an awful, awful human being.

I tend to trust Mini on these issues
Mini is so smart!

Offline picote

• Exists as only Hawking radiation
« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2012, 10:21:28 PM »
Leery about Jillian.  I've done some of her circuit workouts and they were pretty lame with long gaps between the segments, but maybe that was more targeted to the biggest loser audience.  I think 30 minutes could be an intense workout. 

Ha! I did the 30 minute shred *once* for 15-20 minutes and I couldn't walk for a week! Good for you! :)

Offline Lanarkshire with an L

• When last seen zhe was crossing the event horizon
« Reply #63 on: February 01, 2012, 10:37:31 PM »
I'm so close to ordering the JM thing! It's $120, though. :(
You are a genius! ~cherietree

We have a bus and we're not afraid to use it. ~Sarcastic Fringehead

www.usamarathonlist.com
www.marathonrunnersdiary.com

Offline di

• Incredibly Obsessive Poster
« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2012, 12:01:45 AM »
I use dailyburn.. which has this.. you people MUST try mealsnap.. you take a photo of your food and it estimates the calories.. so if you are out and at a party or something take a picture.. it is sooo cool. (not sure how accurate though!)

SOLD! I've been getting super lazy about inputting my calories, this should get me back on track. Thanks!

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #65 on: February 02, 2012, 07:56:46 AM »
mini- you look AWESOME!!!!!!!

I did the Shred like twice and it was too hard, LOL
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline MiniDriver

« Reply #66 on: February 02, 2012, 08:48:41 AM »
Thanks, Bonita and Meri.  I feel great.

Today's small victory is that I had to order a new bodybugg armband. The one I have on now is tightened as far as it will go, and my arms still need to tone up some more! So I ordered a smaller armband.

Last night my feet were sore and rubbed raw from breaking in new boots.  I couldn't put on my shoes for my Zumba workout, they hurt so bad.  So I did the workout barefoot.   YAY!  I'm wearing comfy topsiders today.

Upped my pushups/pullups to 3 sets of 15 (up from 10). Feels good, and I don't feel like I'm straining. I'm really glad I added this program to my routine. I feel it in my chest, my abs, my arms, and my back.

Did any of you watch My 600 Pound Life on TLC last night? What a strong, vibrant woman! Watching her free herself to be more independent and to get out and enjoy life was really wonderful.  And her husband deserves a sainthood for his support. He seems like a wonderful, wonderful man.
#minidriverisagenius

Shut up mini. Just because google changed it, doesn't mean in elementary school, we got it wrong.

Mini is so smart!

Offline orzabellle

• I prefer a flan
« Reply #67 on: February 02, 2012, 08:58:26 AM »
I didn't join the WLC because I'm sort of a loner. Not really. It's just that every time I joined the WLC, I seemed to rebel and gain weight.

But I haven't had a speck of: sugar, pasta, bread, fruit (boo), potatoes, alcohol since Nov 13. My diet right now is protein (usually lean) and a ton of vegetables. I haven't gotten on a scale, but I bet I'm down 20lbs. It's officially time to go shopping. I look like myself again, and while I'd like to focus more on fitness, and getting more toned, I don't really feel like I have to lose more weight. Someone at work referred to me as a skinny girl and I was all  :yikes: :D

Your all just jelouse - Tammy from Ticonderoga

Offline debbatx

« Reply #68 on: February 02, 2012, 09:58:08 AM »
GAH. HR still hasn't gotten back to me about my pay check. DAMMIT.
"The moral of this story, Jamers, is time goes poof, so don't let anyone mess with what time you have." - RioG

Offline onawhim

• The Runners
« Reply #69 on: February 02, 2012, 09:58:26 AM »
GAH. HR still hasn't gotten back to me about my pay check. DAMMIT.

:fiery:
Because PANTS

Offline debbatx

« Reply #70 on: February 02, 2012, 10:03:57 AM »
Thanks. I guess the good news is that my pay stub is showing that I *should* have been paid, it's just mysteriously not in my bank account. Seriously, WTF? What if I'd had our mortgage payment on auto-pay, scheduled to be pulled from the account yesterday? We'd have overdrawn by a considerable amount! GAH.
"The moral of this story, Jamers, is time goes poof, so don't let anyone mess with what time you have." - RioG

Offline MiniDriver

« Reply #71 on: February 02, 2012, 10:08:08 AM »
Thanks. I guess the good news is that my pay stub is showing that I *should* have been paid, it's just mysteriously not in my bank account. Seriously, WTF? What if I'd had our mortgage payment on auto-pay, scheduled to be pulled from the account yesterday? We'd have overdrawn by a considerable amount! GAH.

My HR helpfully asserts that "surely the problem will be cleared up by next month."  Yeah, that's a BIG help when I need the money now. 

#minidriverisagenius

Mini is so smart!

Offline debbatx

« Reply #72 on: February 02, 2012, 10:10:20 AM »
OMG. I will flip the fuck out if I don't get paid. They can cut me a live check and sort out their stupidity with direct deposit at a later date.

Offline seattlegirl

• The Runners
« Reply #73 on: February 02, 2012, 10:10:33 AM »
I didn't join the WLC because I'm sort of a loner. Not really. It's just that every time I joined the WLC, I seemed to rebel and gain weight.

But I haven't had a speck of: sugar, pasta, bread, fruit (boo), potatoes, alcohol since Nov 13. My diet right now is protein (usually lean) and a ton of vegetables. I haven't gotten on a scale, but I bet I'm down 20lbs. It's officially time to go shopping. I look like myself again, and while I'd like to focus more on fitness, and getting more toned, I don't really feel like I have to lose more weight. Someone at work referred to me as a skinny girl and I was all  :yikes: :D

Way to go, Orza!   :bow2:

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #74 on: February 02, 2012, 10:55:00 AM »
Good start to the day today with the idiet hot cereal (1/4 cup wheat bran, 1/4 cup oatmeal and 2/3 cup milk). I have an orange to eat with it- but I'm feeling happy and satisfied without it so maybe I'll have it with my yogurt, mid-morning.

Lentil soup, salad & a tangerine for lunch.

Thinking of having a veggie burger, salad, and peppers & onions for dinner.

Weight back up about .5lb from weigh in. Not surprising given my slip-up on tues night (still mad about that!).

Friday is our anniversary. I think we're going to do breakfast as our celebration meal, instead of dinner. I'm waffling between really indulging in something yummy like a waffle or potatoes, or sticking to plan. I *love* breakfast out. Love it. But, breakfast will always be there. Right? Plus, I kind of already indulged on tuesday. We'll see. We'll have dd with us so maybe I'll make her order waffles and potatoes and I can have just a few bites of each and that will make me happy (but if I order my own, I will eat the whole thing- gauranteed).

Orza, you've been amazing! I have been so inspired by watching you kick @ss at this whole thing.  :heartbeat:

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #75 on: February 02, 2012, 10:58:56 AM »
Can you do an egg white scrambles egg and fruit?
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #76 on: February 02, 2012, 11:05:51 AM »
Can you do an egg white scrambles egg and fruit?

No, because I hate eggwhite scrambles and don't believe in eating whites without the yolk, for the most part.  :P I would probably just do two eggs and a piece of toast and maybe fruit and that would be on plan and just fine. My dilemma is whether or not it's worth it to splurge on something tasty. I love breakfast potatoes and waffles. Love them.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 11:10:17 AM by Run Amok »

Offline onawhim

• The Runners
« Reply #77 on: February 02, 2012, 11:09:31 AM »
Breakfast is my fave as well  :-*  Yolks all the way!
Because PANTS

Offline harmony

• Help me, I'm melting....
« Reply #78 on: February 02, 2012, 11:20:18 AM »
Good morning, all!  Long work day today so no exercise.  I'm so puzzled, I'm down 6 pounds since Monday.  And I've run twice for exercise, no pushups/situps.  I cut out snacks, is all I did, but by snacks I mean a handful of peanuts or one bite of chocolate occasionally.  I'm not complaining, however!  I'll take it.  Healthy eating including date night dinner tonight. 

Offline Bolloxd

• The Runners
« Reply #79 on: February 02, 2012, 12:50:25 PM »
I was down 1.5 from the weigh in this morning.  I am really done trying to lose but the combo of yesterday's run and TOM that forces my digestive system to clean itself really makes my abs look great.  Even if I've got cramps and acne.

I was also in the dentist's chair this morning at 8:30 am, without coffee or breakfast, and I'm only now getting the feeling back in my mouth as Novocaine wears off.

I've got some pasta bake leftovers that needs to be eaten today, and a chicken to be roasted and used for lunches.  Even allowing myself the ability to eat more isn't making a difference, I find myself still wanting to be careful of what I eat.  I guess it's a good habit.

I'm also planning to indulge next week with birthday cake for the kids. 
I knew there was a seething beast beneath the calm waters.  -Fionn

Bolloxd is the personification of still waters running deeply. -Gingerbread

+-SUPPORT US