Author Topic: Shoes! What are you running in right now?  (Read 18881 times)

Belgian Lace

Re: Shoes! What are you running in right now?
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2013, 01:28:07 PM »
I dont know what to do though because last time I changed brands I got PF and most of the shoes out there are too wide for me.

I've got very narrow feet and blister very easily.  I've had a lot of success with liberal applications of bodyglide on my toes, arches, and heels and pieces of duct tape in the real problem areas.

Offline Magic Microbe

• The Runners
  • Californiaing Arizona since 2018
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2013, 11:01:02 AM »
I've got very narrow feet and blister very easily.  I've had a lot of success with liberal applications of bodyglide on my toes, arches, and heels and pieces of duct tape in the real problem areas.

I don't get blisters I get corns. Bodyglide doesn't seem to help.

Offline mtaricani

• Turgid
  • Keep Calm And Run On
    • Old Guy Running
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2013, 10:30:33 AM »
Asics 2000 GT. Nice but I still miss my Asics 2170s. I heard the 2000s were running thin and that is true. I bought the same size and a bit tight on the sides. But I do like them.

lurker2003

« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2013, 11:44:13 PM »
Still wearing Adidas Supernova Glide.  I've tried Saucony, Brooks, Asics and NB and every single time I have tried a new shoe I've tweaked something or another.  So I haven't even tried anything new in probably 8+ years.

I totally dig change but if it ain't broke don't fix it.  Thankfully Adidas does change up the colors and styling relatively regularly.

Offline runnergirl16

• Not Dead
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2013, 11:00:01 AM »
One pair of Mizuno Wave Creations, and one pair of Adidas Adistar Cushion shoes.  I alternate them, but the Adidas ones have more miles on them.

Offline Honey Badger

• The Runners
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2013, 07:38:58 PM »
I have Saucony Triumphs.  I tried on a bunch of different ones and narrowed it down to these and the Brooks Glycerin. 
Now I'm waiting for these to wear out so I can get the Brooks.  ;)

Offline radial

• Passed on to another Brane
  • Non Sine Causa
« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2013, 08:14:58 PM »
Mizuno Enigmas.  Perfect shoe for me right now.

Offline roadstrailstris

• The Runners
« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2013, 08:38:39 PM »
Brooks Adrenline for years now. I stick with what I know, but I'm intrigued by some of the new Brooks models coming out.

Offline markalan

• Not Dead
« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2013, 08:41:59 AM »
Saucony Hurricane
Over 70,000 young adults between 18-40 are diagnosed with some form of Cancer every year. That's 1 diagnosis in every 8 minutes. THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2014, 01:29:39 PM »
Well, shoot.

I went into the running store last night with the intention of walking out with a pair of ghosts (check) and a pair of glycerine. Then, I tried on 9 million pairs and really liked the sauconny triumphs. Which, now, reading back to this I loved last time too-- and returned because I ended up unhappy in them. Blisters, rubbing, pain.

I can take them back and exchange them. Why oh why do I switch things up? The brooks are not my fave just walking around. But, running in them seems to fit me best!

I wanted to try the hokas but they didn't have the neutral ones in my size.

Offline rocketgirl

• The Runners
« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2014, 01:45:56 PM »
I need a new pair.  (Of course, I also need to start running again).

I will probably just go to the New Balance store.  I haven't been able to wear any other brand since high school.  Other brands either are too tight in the toe box in general, or curve before my toes do (so the shoes will be too short for JUST the 4th toe).  And since I have super narrow heels, a wide is right out.  Unfortunately, last time I bought shoes, even New Balance was down to maybe one model that was ok in the toe box because they'd changed a last or something.  I do like that they generally have decent cushioning even in their stability and motion control shoes.  I hate that the shoes are so heavy, but I need stability or motion control and I need cushioning due to some other foot issues.

I HATE buying running shoes.  It's worse than bathing suit shopping.  Occasionally, I do the running shoe store thing and after everything they recommend doesn't fit, plus a few that are marginal choices also don't fit, I go back to the New Balance store.
Ellen stole my joy and I want it back!

Offline Ice Cream

• The Runners
« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2014, 02:10:45 PM »
Well, shoot.

I went into the running store last night with the intention of walking out with a pair of ghosts (check) and a pair of glycerine. Then, I tried on 9 million pairs and really liked the sauconny triumphs. Which, now, reading back to this I loved last time too-- and returned because I ended up unhappy in them. Blisters, rubbing, pain.

I can take them back and exchange them. Why oh why do I switch things up? The brooks are not my fave just walking around. But, running in them seems to fit me best!

I wanted to try the hokas but they didn't have the neutral ones in my size.

I bought a pair of ghosts and they are great.  I ran my last marathon (oct.) in them after having worn them on a 5-mile training run.  They are great, no blisters, good cushioning.

Offline caito

• The Runners
« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2014, 03:46:41 PM »
Wow it's funny to look back at what I was running in just over a year ago...and especially since I was looking forward to the Brooks Transcend.  The Transcend ended up being a total flop.  They gave me a pair and I didn't like them at all...they didn't sell well either.

Now I'm running in:

HokaOneOne Clifton
Brooks Ravenna 5
New Balance 1260v3
Asics GT 2000-2

And every now and then I break out the HokaOneOne Bondi Speed 2 for recovery and the Adidas Adistar Boost for 5Ks.

A note about blisters:  Bad socks (cotton, ill-fitting) can cause blisters.   Sometimes it's the sock and not the shoe.  And sometimes the shoe is too small, not supportive enough or just fits you wrong.
"Libs are all pro-choice until it comes to something important like trash service."

Offline wonderwoman

• The Runners
« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2014, 04:57:27 PM »
Salomon XR Mission 1.  They were on sale through the REI website.  I used to love Nikes and was on a New Balance kick for a long time, but these are the most comfortable running shoes I've ever had. Great for trails, roads, and treadmill. Who knew?
Flying by the seat of my pants.

Offline Mom of Scooby

• The Runners
« Reply #54 on: November 04, 2014, 06:55:01 PM »

Wow it's funny to look back at what I was running in just over a year ago...and especially since I was looking forward to the Brooks Transcend.  The Transcend ended up being a total flop.  They gave me a pair and I didn't like them at all...they didn't sell well either.

Now I'm running in:

HokaOneOne Clifton
Brooks Ravenna 5
New Balance 1260v3
Asics GT 2000-2

And every now and then I break out the HokaOneOne Bondi Speed 2 for recovery and the Adidas Adistar Boost for 5Ks.

A note about blisters:  Bad socks (cotton, ill-fitting) can cause blisters.   Sometimes it's the sock and not the shoe.  And sometimes the shoe is too small, not supportive enough or just fits you wrong.

So jealous of your job perks!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline cgraz

• The Runners
  • Invisible since 2001.
« Reply #55 on: November 04, 2014, 07:40:53 PM »
I was curious to check back in to this thread too...

Still loving the Ravennas and picked up a fresh pair to prep for the Philly HM. Those are my go-to long run shoe.

I didn't end up loving the Saucony Guide 7 but I'll give those a few miles now and then for an easy run, so they're still in circulation.

Early in the fall, I got a pair of Saucony Kinvara 5's for doing faster things and I frigging love them.

Just added a pair of On Cloudsurfers - impulse buy for a steal at a race expo - and I have done one run in them so far. Interesting and I kind of dig them. They really do feel kind of fluffy, in a nice way. Anyone else running in these?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 07:42:50 PM by cgraz »
This space for rent.

Offline radial

• Passed on to another Brane
  • Non Sine Causa
« Reply #56 on: November 04, 2014, 07:47:00 PM »
Hokas, specifically the Stimson Trail model.  If I was still pretending to be fast, I might go with a leaner shoe.  But these days, I'm just trying to spare cartilage.  Hokas are where it's at for me. 

Offline Ice Cream

• The Runners
« Reply #57 on: November 05, 2014, 07:09:45 AM »
Salomon XR Mission 1.  They were on sale through the REI website.  I used to love Nikes and was on a New Balance kick for a long time, but these are the most comfortable running shoes I've ever had. Great for trails, roads, and treadmill. Who knew?

I have these for trails. They are great. Ran a marathon in them.

Offline DickWadzinski

• The Runners
« Reply #58 on: November 06, 2014, 03:33:51 PM »
I'm knee deep in the Hoka hoopla.  I can't even run in my Mizunos anymore except for on a composite track.  On the pavement my Mizunos now feel like bricks.

+-SUPPORT US