Author Topic: How do you make zucchini?  (Read 7947 times)

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
Re: How do you make zucchini?
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2018, 03:15:05 PM »
Oh yeah, pizza is good.

Also good in fajitas and tacos!

Offline caribougrrl

• Passed on to another Brane
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2018, 03:19:04 PM »
more importantly, go out and harvest a pile of flowers... they are good as a garden herb added to salads or on top of pizza or pasta or fish or in quiche or in quesadilla... fantastic in tempura... stuffed with ricotta, battered and fried... stuffed with ricotta, twisted shut and simmered in sauce... stuffed with rice and steamed or baked (in steaming broth) like dolmade

Offline rocketgirl

• The Runners
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2018, 03:58:42 PM »
How do you keep it from being mega watery? I am intrigued by the idea, but I feel like it would wind up kind of soupy.

?  I really just modified a mac and cheese recipe and it worked.  I did saute the squash separately and put it in toward the end, already cooked, just like you do with macaroni.
Ellen stole my joy and I want it back!

Offline BonitaApplebum

• Alpha Food Geek
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2018, 06:13:58 PM »
Omg 'bou! My mom used to make fritters, I forgot all about them. Definitely doing that.

Offline Natasha

• The Runners
    • Pisces Blog
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2018, 03:38:58 PM »
My mom used to make a squash casserole. It was basically a classic chicken and rice casserole (cream of mushroom soup!) but with squash in place of the chicken.

It was my favorite meal as a kid. :) I think I'd use arborio rice today and make more of a risotto, and skip the heavy blanket of melted cheddar on top. But back then I loved it.

Offline Magic Microbe

• The Runners
  • Californiaing Arizona since 2018
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2018, 02:13:16 PM »
I like zucchini pancakes but they are a PITA (basically shredded zucchini and onion mixed with a little flour and egg and cooked like pancakes)
Zoodles are my husbands favorite....sauteed with a bunch of onions and seasoning in a pan
I like to cut into quarters (or more if its big), season with olive oil and seasoning and grill on the BBQ

Offline The Turtle Whisperer

• has no fucks to give
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2018, 08:48:46 AM »
People put a lot less effort into picking apart evidence that confirms what they already believe.

The money is in the division. Always has been, always will be. Divide and rule, the politician cries; unite and lead, is the watchword of the wise.

Offline moroccangirl

• The Runners
  • Token Hijabi
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2018, 04:25:16 PM »
I don't like zucchini but I just ordered this spiralizer to try new vegetables. Maybe if they look like noodles I'll like them. lol.
A lot of it is texture for me, so i'm hoping if they are spiralized then the texture won't bother me so much.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075SLJ42S/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
"Leave your butthole hair alone, ladies" Fionn mac Cumhail 3/19/09

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2018, 04:52:17 PM »
Cucumber, sweet potato, butternut squash, potato (shoe string fries!), zucchinis, etc. All good MG.
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline Rejaneration

• The Arbiter of Cool
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2018, 07:05:16 PM »
roasted with other veggies and thrown into a taco.  That's what I had for dinner last night.  Today's lunch was the left over roasted veggies with some roasted chicken chunked into it as a salad.
When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time. -Maya Angelou

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel, read only one page."  St. Augustine

Offline Rochey

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2018, 04:01:14 PM »
I dice zucchini and yellow squash, sauté in olive oil, and then throw in about a half bag of frozen corn.  Cook until corn is warm,  Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.  Yum. 

+-SUPPORT US