Author Topic: Be careful the next time you make a run for the border...  (Read 2606 times)

Offline Coyote Mas Loco

• I really have a life. It's around here someplace....
Re: Be careful the next time you make a run for the border...
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2018, 08:03:48 AM »
This should almost be on the main page. Justin Trudeau really pissed off Trump the other week.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 08:53:33 AM by Coyote Mas Loco »
I'll stick to running, thank you.

Offline radial

• Passed on to another Brane
  • Non Sine Causa
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2018, 08:20:46 AM »
Shoe smuggler apprehended, good job CBP. 

Offline nadra's babydaddy

• The Runners
  • Official CH Trainwreck Historian
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2018, 11:34:40 AM »
I think my favorite part is the image on the page of all the asylum seekers trying to get into Canada  :hah:

Offline Arrojo

• The Runners
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2018, 12:10:33 PM »
Reminds me of when those 3 hikers inadvertently crossed into Iran and went to prison. We’ve become Iran.
I would get drunk on Bud Light with Dylan Mulvaney.

Offline diablita

• The Runners
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2018, 03:19:50 PM »
When we visited Niagara on the Lake 2 weeks ago and I went for a run, I was very cautious about where I was.  I ran by a border crossing bridge and its staging area and didn't want to set even one foot in an area where I shouldn't have been.
"Some things you just need to do for yourself, even if it means nicking your nads."  --nneJ

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2018, 09:34:57 PM »
Two weeks seems excessive. But, on a closed border, you should know better than to just walk across a closed border and not get into trouble.

That said, this actually happened to a running friend of mine 3 years ago. They were running Northwest Passage Ragnar and their GPS took them across the border (I am actually shocked this is possible). Same thing-- the border patrol showed up. Well, the friend is someone who came here (from Africa) on a student visa in 2008 and just stayed. The border guards reminded him he was out of status and they began deportation proceedings. Somehow (I have no idea how) he managed to convince them to let him stay. So, now he has permanent status. Which is kind of crazy. But, yeah, don't piss off the border patrol.

Now-- why we don't have open EU style borders is beyond me.

In germany last year we drove into austria and back into germany and there was no border or any other craziness.

+-SUPPORT US