Author Topic: are there any runners here?  (Read 14102 times)

Offline Rochey

• Administrator
Re: are there any runners here?
« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2017, 09:24:36 PM »
Ok. I bought the Nike Zoom Fly. Not the 4%. Ran seven in them yesterday, and yes, they do feel significantly faster. We'll see Saturday as I'm running the 5k at the Rock-N-Roll down at the oceanfront in Virginia Beach.

So, are these racing flats?  Up to what distance would you feel comfortable running in them?

Offline El Chupacabra

• Incredibly Obsessive Poster
« Reply #61 on: August 30, 2017, 10:24:53 PM »
So, are these racing flats?  Up to what distance would you feel comfortable running in them?

Not really flats...

I think I'd be OK in a 1/2 marathon in them. The seven felt easy, and no soreness or anything today. They kindof force you to run forward because the plate automatically gives you a roll forward, but it didn't feel unsteady or anything. It made me feel like I was running like a kenyan instead of just hitting the pavement. They are cushioned, but not squishy, they sort of pop you off the ground and encourage you to land forward on your foot. I'll find out more, but it feels like the architectural aspects promote better running form, but you have to be racing, not plodding.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 10:28:02 PM by El Chupacabra »

Offline Coyote Mas Loco

• I really have a life. It's around here someplace....
« Reply #62 on: August 31, 2017, 07:58:46 AM »
I have used the Adidas Adizero Boost for 5K to half for the past three years and have been happy with them. They are not like the lighter shoes of years past, but you go with the new technology--the choice now seems paper thin or something between an old flat and a light trainer.  I almost wore the Boosts for the marathon last spring but went with the Adizero Boston instead, because the course had long downhill stretches in the first 15 miles.
I'll stick to running, thank you.

Offline El Chupacabra

• Incredibly Obsessive Poster
« Reply #63 on: September 03, 2017, 10:25:23 PM »
So these Zoom's are great. Faster, lighter, but they really improve your economy.

That said, I'm really in need of speed work.

+-SUPPORT US