Author Topic: Internet fame Dad who took kids out of school for Boston accused of faking BQ  (Read 22648 times)

siamesedream

He only got away with in in this World, Raj. Remember, there's a Special Circle of Hell for people like him

In my mind this is how they're laid down

First Circle: People Who Fudge Their Training Logs
    Second Circle: Bike Thieves
    Third Circle: Bandits, People Who Fake Bibs, and Those Who Take TWO Finishers Medals
    Fourth Circle: Dopers and Other Assorted Cheats
    Fifth Circle: Gamblers and Sportswriters
    Sixth Circle: Sports Agents
    Seventh Circle: Team Owners
    Eighth Circle: League Commissioners
    Ninth Circle: Al Davis ... Alone for now, but saving spaces for Jerry Jones, Donald Sterling, Dan Snyder and Mr. Ed Snider, at least

Tenth: J.D. Drew

Offline RandMart

• The Runners
  • Non-Repentant Slowtwitcher
Guest post from ST

I got sucked into the Mike Rossi cheating thread over on letsrun.com pretty early on. Then back in early June, following the non-dq decision, I converted a large gif file that someone had created and posted it to my youtube account

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxKfEiOfGmY

Following my posting of this, Mike Rossi tweeted out references to a line from "Taken" - "I will find you and I will kill you" followed by a pic of me after getting hit by a van in a triathlon  (http://forum.slowtwitch.com/cgi-bin/gforum.cgi?post=806641#806641) along with the words "This guy". Needless to say, that has kept me sucked into this whole thing. I've been in touch with some media and there should be some updated media coverage of this cheater! I wrote a blog post about the whole thing here

http://triathleteguru.blogspot.com/2015/07/running-with-cheaters.html

The heat is STILL on

... and the Letsrun thread is 500+ pages
'We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be' ― Kurt Vonnegut

Offline Fast Eddie

• The Runners
Oboy.   :eating-popcorn-03:
Live, learn, have amazing sex, and move on!!  :D - floridagal

Offline RandMart

• The Runners
'We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be' ― Kurt Vonnegut

Offline RandMart

• The Runners
Oh, I clicked randomly in the LR thread and found THIS gem

http://www.letsrun.com/forum/flat_read.php?board=1&thread=6479539&id=6603063#6603063

LoserMikeRossi wrote:
            He thinks this is great fun. We'll see how funny it is when his wife divorces him. His family didn't have to to suffer too much ridicule before the school year ended, but come September things in the Abington School District are going to get very interesting.

Knowing what he did to that principal can you imagine any parent wanting their kids playing with the Rossi children? Would you want to be involved with any school activities that Cindy is involved in knowing that lunatic is going to publicly bash you if you don't agree with everything she says?

MooreFamily wrote:
        Cindy consulted a lawyer about getting a divorce this week. She is fed up with Mikes cheating.
        She already started using her maiden name again, Moore, because she hates the name Rossi.
        Cindy will ask for child custody, as Jack and Victoria dont trust Mike anymore after this fiasco.

Inconvenient Truth wrote:
    ...and you know this how? Ken? Still doesn't matter for these board purposes.

MooreFamily wrote:
I am a family member.
They had marital problems long before this fiasco. It was the straw that broke the camel's back.
Cindy didn't like the media attention at all. Didn't you notice that she ever participated in an interview about the viral letter?
And yes, she is fully aware of the way Mike qualified for Boston. She doesn't really care about that, but she hates how this has taken over their life. Angry runners have been calling them, Mike is surfing the internet all day, Jack and Victoria are being bullied, they have to pay a lawyer...
Cindy just wants a quiet life again.

:eating-popcorn-03:  Indeed

iwuzwilson

Guest post from ST

The heat is STILL on

... and the Letsrun thread is 500+ pages

Still <1/3 of the size of the Procreative Updates thread in Yammering.

The heat is on now, I like the $10000 challenge idea.

Offline RandMart

• The Runners
Still <1/3 of the size of the Procreative Updates thread in Yammering.

Yes, but that thread is 3 years old, PLUS it's stupid and girly

Offline nneJ

• The Runners
  • Breathing without remorse since 1976
I can't, just can't let myself be beat by people dressed as cheeseburgers.  ~Eco Ellen

Uh. Did I just get compared to a three-year-old on a sugar high? ~debbatx

Offline RandMart

• The Runners
I would have put that in PINK, but the pink here just isn't pink enough, sorry

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/gforum.cgi?post=5297004

Offline RandMart

• The Runners
www.runnersworld.com/general-interest/letsruncom-offers-massive-reward-to-viral-boston-marathon-dad

LetsRun.com, a running website, published a detailed article on Friday outlining the evidence that calls into question Rossi’s results. The website also challenged Rossi, 47, from Rydal, Pennsylvania, to match his time at Via, 3:11:45, within the next 12 months. If he succeeds, LetsRun.com promises to pay him $100,000.

If Rossi can't match or better his time from the Via Marathon in 2014, LetsRun.com will give him $10,000 if he runs 3:25 over the next year or if he breaks 70:00 for 10 miles or 20:00 for a 5K by the end of 2015. To earn the prize money, Rossi would have to make the attempt on a certified course.

Offline RandMart

• The Runners
The LR Thread is in lockdown

"You have to be using a registered username to now post in this thread. Please do not post personal information in this thread and keep the discussion on topic."

This is what was learned on ST

Was it Rossi/one of his "friends"?

Could have been his clever plan.

The guy wasn't a friend. He was posting anonymously until outed as a former colleague. The thread then took an odd turn and offered a glimpse into the world of wedding production. Apparently, this other guy had scammed lots of wedding couples out of their money for video services never rendered. He said he got behind, had personal issues, etc., but it wasn't until the Attorney General forced him to make good on his deals that he finally got around to delivering the videos - in some cased, I believe several years later.

At some point in their working relationship, this guy and MR had a falling out and then when the guy started posting comments on some of the local online "viral dad cheating" articles, MR took to bashing him on FB and Twitter. That's when this guy joined the crusade to crucify MR and get him DQed and started posting on the LR thread.

It just escalated from there and really drove the thread from the time the non-DQ was announced until the LR article offering the payouts was posted. I'm sure MR himself was posting from time to time as he was posting stuff only he could know about the guy's family.

At one point, the acquaintance received a C&D letter from MR's attorney (who, hilariously enough, still works with an aol email account). He stopped posting for a short while, but was soon back with a vengeance. It just got to be a little too much with personal attacks and calling out family members. The poster (who is apparently a ~300-lb non-runner) was warned several times by the Brojos (and other posters), but I guess it finally came to a head and they had to pull the thread.

Maybe they're weeding through posts to eliminate any libelous comments - or perhaps LR received a C&D letter themselves. It's too bad as there was a lot of good research done by the running community to prove through photo evidence and analysis of other race performances that there was no way this guy ran the full course in 3:11 on that day.

The other guy is still posting as LMR on the other thread.

Offline RandMart

• The Runners
He's still at it

https://twitter.com/mikerossi22/status/658464481773813761

23:51 at a 5K in PA

Bib #24718 at NYC on Sunday

Offline Fast Eddie

• The Runners
He's still at it

https://twitter.com/mikerossi22/status/658464481773813761

23:51 at a 5K in PA

Bib #24718 at NYC on Sunday

Hah!   :d  Based on Runner's World Race Times Predictor table, that time in the 5K would lead to a Marathon in 3:48:45.

Live, learn, have amazing sex, and move on!!  :D - floridagal

Offline RandMart

• The Runners
http://triathleteguru.blogspot.com/2015/11/did-race-cheat-michael-rossi-attempt-to.html

Dude came all the way to South Jersey to pull his shit, and dug himself a deeper hole

+-SUPPORT US