Author Topic: I do not like  (Read 8098 times)

Offline caribougrrl

• Passed on to another Brane
Re: I do not like
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2016, 12:11:54 PM »
I agree.  It's just the kids and I carved pumpkins this weekend and I decided to not even attempt roasting seeds because I'm always disappointed so that made me think of it.

I've only had restaurant hollandaise so maybe that's why. 

Meri, I'm not sure you would taste the bourbon with the amount of brown sugar.  :D DH said he could every now and then, but I didn't really.  One of my other favorite cakes to make is kahlua cake.  I wonder if this says something about me. :-[  :d

my better half makes a dark chocolate bourbon bundt that is fantastic.  and very boozy.  I think the recipe calls for an entire cup of bourbon in the batter, and then she brushes it with bourbon when it's still warm. :drool:

Offline diablita

• The Runners
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2016, 08:00:12 PM »
my better half makes a dark chocolate bourbon bundt that is fantastic.  and very boozy.  I think the recipe calls for an entire cup of bourbon in the batter, and then she brushes it with bourbon when it's still warm. :drool:

I don't understand why there's no link to click on this post?  I even quoted it hoping to get to the recipe but nada.  :'(
"Some things you just need to do for yourself, even if it means nicking your nads."  --nneJ

Offline caribougrrl

• Passed on to another Brane
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2016, 07:50:36 AM »
I don't understand why there's no link to click on this post?  I even quoted it hoping to get to the recipe but nada.  :'(

it *might* be this one: http://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1017147-whiskey-soaked-dark-chocolate-bundt-cake

I will double check with her though...

+-SUPPORT US