Author Topic: Ch-Ch-Ch-Chia seeds!  (Read 10473 times)

Offline diablita

• The Runners
Re: Ch-Ch-Ch-Chia seeds!
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2015, 10:13:05 PM »
I have a feeling that I bought them and they will most likely just sit in the cupboard for a long time. Has anyone made pudding with them? Is it like tapioca pudding?

Yes, it's chia pudding that I described before.  I like it.  But it has to sit for many hours or overnight.
"Some things you just need to do for yourself, even if it means nicking your nads."  --nneJ

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2015, 06:22:29 PM »
I made a pudding recipe with the chia seeds, but it called to blend them smooth, so you cannot taste them. It was dates, cocoa, chia, non dairy milk. It was pretty good.
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Online Ice Cream

• The Runners
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2015, 07:46:17 AM »
I thought of this thread: for DH's race, we received 600 chia vegan bars from Health Warrior.  Anyone tried them? I like them, but the seeds get stuck in your mouth and I spent quite some time cleaning my mouth.

Offline radial

• Passed on to another Brane
  • Non Sine Causa
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2015, 08:18:39 AM »
Speaking of seeds, a co-worker who knows I can't tolerate gluten brought in some buckwheat pancakes.  Oh my, they were good!  Better than the "real" thing in my opinion.  Recipe for the batter is here.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2015, 10:57:09 AM »
I thought of this thread: for DH's race, we received 600 chia vegan bars from Health Warrior.  Anyone tried them? I like them, but the seeds get stuck in your mouth and I spent quite some time cleaning my mouth.
I have never tried them, they are pricey, seeds in teeth does not sound great though.

Radial-- i have made GF waffles and pancakes and they are often better than the "regular" kind, esp if you use coconut and/or almond flour in them. Sadly I no longer can eat almond flour, but man it was delicious :D
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Online Ice Cream

• The Runners
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2015, 08:41:53 PM »
I have never tried them, they are pricey, seeds in teeth does not sound great though.

Radial-- i have made GF waffles and pancakes and they are often better than the "regular" kind, esp if you use coconut and/or almond flour in them. Sadly I no longer can eat almond flour, but man it was delicious :D

They are good. We took a bunch home, and I have been eating some.

Offline CheryG

• Passed on to another Brane
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2015, 08:45:00 PM »
mg, the back of my package says: "Enjoy as a breakfast cereal, hot or cold; or add to yogurt, smoothies, oatmeal or salads."

in the interest of full disclosure, I have a chia, buckwheat and hemp mix, but I don't see why you couldn't add to smoothies same as flax.

Would this be Chia Goodness?  Yum.  It doesn't thicken up as much as plain chia.

+-SUPPORT US