Forum > Running

I've lost my running mojo since the marathon

(1/3) > >>

Mom of Scooby:
I've run 3 times total since 11/2.. Last Saturday was the last time I ran and the run was so horrible I've been frightened to get back out here..

I've been spinning and ellipticalling and a bit of swimming, so it's not like I'm doing nothing... But I feel like a slug when I don't run.  Consistently..

I'm giving myself til 12/1 and starting up again because I have a half at the end of March... I need help getting my motivation back people!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cgraz:
Hope you get it back soon. It's a strange feeling, when you want to run and miss it, but aren't feeling it when you do.

I did the holiday run streak last year, with my sister - ran every day between Thanksgiving & New Year's Day. That was great motivation during the dark snowy winter, after a busy fall with lots of races. Because we did it together and talked smack (and raised money for our local food banks), it really was fun and kept me going. Rest days become an easy mile, and running every day becomes almost like a game. If you could do something like that with someone, online, or on your own, it could get you going to the time you start training for the half, but in a fun way.

fancypants:
Cgraz - I think that's a great idea! 

Fast Eddie:
Post partum marathon depression.   :hug:

Harder to get out there on the dark, colder fall & winter days.

How about entering some fun Christmas theme type race that are around?

siamesedream:

--- Quote from: Mom of Scooby on November 26, 2014, 07:56:08 AM ---I've run 3 times total since 11/2.. Last Saturday was the last time I ran and the run was so horrible I've been frightened to get back out here..

I've been spinning and ellipticalling and a bit of swimming, so it's not like I'm doing nothing... But I feel like a slug when I don't run.  Consistently..

I'm giving myself til 12/1 and starting up again because I have a half at the end of March... I need help getting my motivation back people!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

I go through periods where I lose my zest for running, I go out there and run but it feels like mental drudgery.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version