Forum > Running

Training through PF

(1/2) > >>

roadstrailstris:
I'm registered for a late Oct. half, and just started training for it after a short break from running (cut back for about 3-4 weeks). I'm stuck on the TM for the next few weeks until the kids are back at school, and I'm having ankle and PF pain in my right foot. I'm stretching and icing but I want to keep training- any good advice?

caito:
Go for ART.

Consider getting some Superfeet inserts for your shoes.

Strassburg sock at night.

Ice Cream:
I found that the key was to wear good shoes with arch support at all times. No flimsy flip flops, no high heels. Just Birkenstock sandals and dansko clogs.

Mom of Scooby:
Ugh I feel your pain... I am now just feeling better since last august.. I tried everything and the only thing that worked for me was deep tissue massage... Often..
Roll your foot on a golf ball, especially before you get out of bed in the morning..

It's definitely one of those things that what works for one might not work for the other

caito:

--- Quote from: Ice Cream on August 12, 2014, 07:09:43 AM ---I found that the key was to wear good shoes with arch support at all times. No flimsy flip flops, no high heels. Just Birkenstock sandals and dansko clogs.

--- End quote ---

I agree.  No bare feet.  To this day I always wear Crocs around the house instead of bare feet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version