Author Topic: NBA Finals time!  (Read 41387 times)

Offline buzzy

• The Runners
Re: NBA Finals time!
« Reply #80 on: May 10, 2018, 09:49:15 AM »
Intense game.  Embiid is an incredible player.  Hope he stays healthy for a long career as he is a shoo-in for the HOF if he does.  Game could have gone either way.  No real big leads, just close the whole way.

Both teams played like it was a game 7.  Sixers because it was an elimination game.  Celts because they could see the writing on the wall.  Lose this one, then back to Philly where they have had trouble winning on the road in the playoffs.  Then game 7 where anything can happen (like we just saw in 5).

Cleveland next.  Actually a reasonably good match-up for the Celtics considering, except for that pesky LeBron guy.  It really is all him.  Unfortunately the Celtics aren't any more healthy.  I did notice Jaylen Brown walking gingerly off the court in the 4th.  I suspect he would be the first guy tasked with guarding LeBron.   Wondered why the announcers didn't say anything.

Actually in the grand scheme of things, still is Golden State's to lose.

--buzz

siamesedream

« Reply #81 on: May 10, 2018, 11:25:00 AM »
Intense game.  Embiid is an incredible player.  Hope he stays healthy for a long career as he is a shoo-in for the HOF if he does.  Game could have gone either way.  No real big leads, just close the whole way.

Both teams played like it was a game 7.  Sixers because it was an elimination game.  Celts because they could see the writing on the wall.  Lose this one, then back to Philly where they have had trouble winning on the road in the playoffs.  Then game 7 where anything can happen (like we just saw in 5).

Cleveland next.  Actually a reasonably good match-up for the Celtics considering, except for that pesky LeBron guy.  It really is all him.  Unfortunately the Celtics aren't any more healthy.  I did notice Jaylen Brown walking gingerly off the court in the 4th.  I suspect he would be the first guy tasked with guarding LeBron.   Wondered why the announcers didn't say anything.

Actually in the grand scheme of things, still is Golden State's to lose.

--buzz

Rockets and Golden State looks like a good series, on paper.

More [most] importantly: did LeBron watch the Sixers last night and say "Yeah. I could play with these guys" or "Nope. Nothing there for me. Pass"

I'm getting the feeling he stays in Cleveland, but who knows?

Offline buzzy

• The Runners
« Reply #82 on: May 10, 2018, 12:10:01 PM »
I think LeBron ends up in LA.  After all he has a house there.

Interesting that Fultz didn't leave the bench the whole series.  Believe he was the only one.  I think every other player on both teams got some garbage time minutes.  I knew he wasn't in the rotation, and maybe McConnell took away his potential minutes, but he is a talent.  We'll see if his shoulder is good, and he is out of his head.

--buzz

siamesedream

« Reply #83 on: May 10, 2018, 01:40:41 PM »
His shoulder is fine, but he's shooting problems are still in his head

We need to get Fultz the same kind of mental training that Nelson Agholor received

He can get to the basket, has a good spin move, decent handle, good leaping ability and speed.  He had a triple double in the last game of the regular season. He's only 19, so i'm not surprised he was a little overwhelmed in his first NBA season.

Offline ZyggiStarbucks

• I Can't now, I'm Busy Posting
« Reply #84 on: May 11, 2018, 06:56:25 PM »
Where Zig?

Are you ready?
Oh, I was ready. But tired. So I watched the highlights next day.
I’m a serious casual fan.
Hoping they can give the LeBronatics a run for their money, or at least a 5-game series.

My husband is convinced he’s seen Brad Stevens driving around in this general area. I think he’s mistaken, but C’s players do often live in the nice burbs around here... :D

siamesedream

« Reply #85 on: May 12, 2018, 12:42:41 PM »
Oh, I was ready. But tired. So I watched the highlights next day.
I’m a serious casual fan.
Hoping they can give the LeBronatics a run for their money, or at least a 5-game series.

My husband is convinced he’s seen Brad Stevens driving around in this general area. I think he’s mistaken, but C’s players do often live in the nice burbs around here... :D

Brad coached circles around Brett Brown.

Offline ZyggiStarbucks

« Reply #86 on: May 13, 2018, 03:50:04 PM »
I like how LeBron turns around with a look at the officials every time he doesn’t get a basket. :D

siamesedream

« Reply #87 on: May 13, 2018, 04:28:37 PM »
I like how LeBron turns around with a look at the officials every time he doesn’t get a basket. :D
Put a diaper on that crybaby.
So far, holding it down, are the C's.

Offline ZyggiStarbucks

« Reply #88 on: May 13, 2018, 05:22:22 PM »
Put a diaper on that crybaby.
So far, holding it down, are the C's.
I been cookin dinner. Looks like the Brons have tightened it up!

siamesedream

« Reply #89 on: May 13, 2018, 05:31:10 PM »
I been cookin dinner. Looks like the Brons have tightened it up!

The Brons better hope they win the next game.

Offline ZyggiStarbucks

« Reply #90 on: May 13, 2018, 05:47:29 PM »
The Brons better hope they win the next game.
Stick a fork in em this game.

siamesedream

« Reply #91 on: May 13, 2018, 06:53:35 PM »
Stick a fork in em this game.

This team is the hoops equivalent of the Eagles, they almost seem better without Kyrie.

Offline buzzy

• The Runners
« Reply #92 on: May 13, 2018, 10:29:32 PM »
This team is the hoops equivalent of the Eagles, they almost seem better without Kyrie.

I see where you might think that, but as I watched many Celtics games this year Kyrie surprised me with his ability to see the court , and make what I would call the correct "basketball play". Sure there was a times where he would take over a game, but generally it would be the right thing to do. Don't know if it's playing under Stevens or not playing with LeBron. He seems happier running his own show.

--buzz

siamesedream

« Reply #93 on: May 14, 2018, 02:21:56 PM »
I see where you might think that, but as I watched many Celtics games this year Kyrie surprised me with his ability to see the court , and make what I would call the correct "basketball play". Sure there was a times where he would take over a game, but generally it would be the right thing to do. Don't know if it's playing under Stevens or not playing with LeBron. He seems happier running his own show.

--buzz

That's why i don't think Russell Westbrook is a great player. Too much of a ball hog, he puts up great stats, but he'll shoot the ball 30 times a game.

Same reason why i don't think Donavon Mitchell is great, he scores a lot of points, but doesn't have a great field goal percentage.

The Celtics have definitely picked up their defensive intensity since the playoffs started, maybe that's Brad Steven's influence, but they are a totally different team from the one that the Sixers played late in the regular season. I also think Horford and Brown are underrated. Playoff games are tighter than regular season games anyway, but the Celts have gone to another level defensively.

siamesedream

« Reply #94 on: May 14, 2018, 04:11:07 PM »
The Sixers last regular season meeting with the Celts was in January(just looked it up) so it wasn't late season. and it was a tight game, but I still think the celts have upped the defense since then.

siamesedream

« Reply #95 on: May 14, 2018, 10:05:11 PM »
This game is spectacular so far, GSW versus Houston.

Offline buzzy

• The Runners
« Reply #96 on: May 15, 2018, 11:10:15 PM »
LeBron wasn't the same once he got a concussion.  Of course LeBron doesn't get concussions he just gets fouled a lot. At least that's what he would tell you,  or cry about.

--buzz

siamesedream

« Reply #97 on: May 16, 2018, 04:16:35 PM »
LeBron wasn't the same once he got a concussion.  Of course LeBron doesn't get concussions he just gets fouled a lot. At least that's what he would tell you,  or cry about.

--buzz

He is a great player though. Celts beat Xleveland and he's much more likely to go to Los Angeles or Philly.

Offline buzzy

• The Runners
« Reply #98 on: May 16, 2018, 04:23:41 PM »
He is a great player though. Celts beat Xleveland and he's much more likely to go to Los Angeles or Philly.

Yes. He is one of the greatest.  Interesting to see how the series plays out.  If he mails in the last games or not (2010?).

--buzz

siamesedream

« Reply #99 on: May 16, 2018, 04:27:54 PM »
I think he starts out blazing in the next game, puts up big numbers, but if they get down by 3 games, a mail-in is possible.

+-SUPPORT US