Forum > Running

Speaking of cheating

<< < (2/9) > >>

Arrojo:

--- Quote from: Coyote Mas Loco on January 09, 2018, 05:44:34 PM --- Testing is practically non-existent for masters. 

--- End quote ---

At the National T&F Championships, they do test for PEDs actually.  Everyone who finishes in the top 3 in every age group in every event gets tested and all others (also-rans like me) get randomly tested.   They haven't tested me yet.   8)  Of course, many older athletes are on all kinds of medications.  A recent controversy erupted over a 70 year old guy who was getting testosterone treatments (legitimately for a condition), but they wouldn't let him compete.

A friend of mine tested positive for something and had to forfeit her National age-group 60m hurdling championship and is kicked out of competition for 2 years.  She's still my friend but I'm pissed at her (and no I am not naming names here).

RandMart:
Everyone here has seen Icarus, right?

Icarus | Official Trailer [HD] | Netflix

RandMart:

--- Quote from: Arrojo on January 10, 2018, 02:58:12 PM ---She's still my friend but I'm pissed at her (and no I am not naming names here).

--- End quote ---

No need to name names, but are double letters involved here?

Simple Yes or No would suffice

Coyote Mas Loco:

--- Quote from: Arrojo on January 10, 2018, 02:58:12 PM ---At the National T&F Championships, they do test for PEDs actually.  Everyone who finishes in the top 3 in every age group in every event gets tested and all others (also-rans like me) get randomly tested.   They haven't tested me yet.   8)  Of course, many older athletes are on all kinds of medications.  A recent controversy erupted over a 70 year old guy who was getting testosterone treatments (legitimately for a condition), but they wouldn't let him compete.

A friend of mine tested positive for something and had to forfeit her National age-group 60m hurdling championship and is kicked out of competition for 2 years.  She's still my friend but I'm pissed at her (and no I am not naming names here).

--- End quote ---

knew your friend online from another forum, on which she no longer participates

they didn't test on he roads in Tulsa nor as far as I could tell at club xc this fall, but good to hear that they are testing at T&F championships; nor did they test at usa xc masters championships

NYRR does test masters at some events; I raced there last spring but it was probably seen as more of a fun run (no prizes or anything) even though there were 3000 or 4000 runners in it

speaking of which, WMA championships in Toronto next year - I am Loco enough to consider doing the 10000 m.

Arrojo:

--- Quote from: RandMart on January 10, 2018, 04:35:03 PM ---No need to name names, but are double letters involved here?

Simple Yes or No would suffice

--- End quote ---

No

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version