Forum > Running

Speaking of cheating

(1/9) > >>

SnarlyMarly:
So about a year ago a runner I know contacted me and she moved and was running with a certain running club.   She said a memember of the club was a doctor and to,d her to start taking.....and it was a long list.

She revealed that the doctor is a female 50+ runner that had never broken 1:30 for half before and just went 1:24.

So along with the iron and b-12 injections, the list include DHEA, progesterone and testosterone.   I wrote back that Steroids are not allowed period and that maybe progesterone and DHEA allowed under doctor supervision for menopause.  I left it at that and figured "well now she knows and if she does take them it's on her"

Seeing how much she wins and races per social media...I can assume she listened to her new friend. 

RandMart:
Am I to understand that they're BOTH doping? Her and the doctor-runner?

On the one hand, it may be a legit TUE [Therapeutic Use Exemption] but on the other hand, that seems like pretty excessive cocktail

I'm guessing the races she's winning aren't drug testing

FOURTH Circle of Hell

--- Quote ---First Circle: People Who Fudge Their Training Logs
Second Circle: Bike Thieves
Third Circle: Race Bandits, Bib-Swappers, Bib-Copiers, and Those Who Take TWO Finishers Medals
Fourth Circle: Dopers, Course Cutters, and Other Assorted Cheats [may include people having extramarital affairs with a Coach or Running Partner, but not always]
Fifth Circle: Gamblers, Sportswriters, and People Who Make up Charity Scams
Sixth Circle: Sports Agents
Seventh Circle: Team Owners
Eighth Circle: League Commissioners
Ninth Circle: Al Davis ... Alone for now, but saving spaces for Jerry Jones, OJ, Joe Buck, The Krzyzewski/Pitino/Calipari Triumvirate and Roger Goodell
--- End quote ---

Coyote Mas Loco:
Masters gray area. But if they can get a TUE for DHEA and testosterone, it would be hard to enforce. With women it might be easier to throw up a red flag if hormone ratios are way out of line. A record breaking female masters runner--trails and ultras I think--was caught and banned a couple years ago for DHEA. She was a PT but claimed that she didn't know that that was not legal. Testing is practically non-existent for masters. 

RandMart:
Age Group doping in local [non-drug-tested] races may more rampant than we care to admit or investigate

--- Quote from: Coyote Mas Loco on January 09, 2018, 05:44:34 PM ---Testing is practically non-existent for masters. 

--- End quote ---

Unless they're tipped off, maybe?

http://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/racing/british-racing/60-year-old-time-triallist-given-four-year-doping-ban-after-claiming-wife-spiked-his-smoothies-358320?utm_content=manual&utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_term=cyclingweekly

SnarlyMarly:

--- Quote from: Coyote Mas Loco on January 09, 2018, 05:44:34 PM ---Masters gray area. But if they can get a TUE for DHEA and testosterone, it would be hard to enforce. With women it might be easier to throw up a red flag if hormone ratios are way out of line. A record breaking female masters runner--trails and ultras I think--was caught and banned a couple years ago for DHEA. She was a PT but claimed that she didn't know that that was not legal. Testing is practically non-existent for masters.

--- End quote ---

But even then, she was at an event with random testing and she didn't even win the masters title...wasn't she second.    I have only seen testing once and it was Ottawa marathon.   But even there they only appeared interested in the top Canadian athletes.   For many years, the marathons in my area gave prize money.  Russian women had a field day.  Would easily pick up 2500-5k for 2:40 marathon and then do another one the next weekend.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version