Author Topic: Another marathon cheater outed by letsrun.com. This time at Marine Corp Marathon  (Read 5713 times)

Offline Fast Eddie

• The Runners
The Marine Corps Marathon has issued Gregory Price, 61, of Washington, D.C., a lifetime ban from all its events after his 3:17:47 finish last month (good for second in the 60–64 age group) attracted attention. Once race organizers began looking at his race history, a pattern emerged that showed Price consistently missed timing mats and ran highly suspect splits at the race, which he has run 13 times since 1998.

...come across Price’s case via a thread on the LetsRun.com message board, where an anonymous poster wrote that he or she randomly clicked on Price’s results while looking for another participant...

Price qualified for the Boston Marathon all but one of the times he ran the Marine Corps Marathon, but has only finished Boston four times since 2001 (the earliest year for which results exist on the race's website). He hit the 40K mark at the 2013 Boston Marathon (his most recent) on pace to run a 4:20:01 marathon, but did not finish, presumably because of the bombings. Price’s fastest Boston finish is the 3:40:32 he ran in 2003.

http://www.runnersworld.com/races/marine-corps-marathon-issues-lifetime-ban-to-runner?cid=soc_Runner's%20World%20-%20RunnersWorld_FBPAGE_Runner%E2%80%99s%20World__News

http://www.letsrun.com/forum/flat_read.php?thread=6844960
Live, learn, have amazing sex, and move on!!  :D - floridagal

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
Supposedly Marine Corps is notorious for people cutting the course. I just do not understand the WHY. Yeah, I get the BQ thing, but other than that, WHY? How could you and then be ok with it?
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline Fast Eddie

• The Runners
It's okay, he just "messed up."  He doesn't elaborate why he apparently messed up time and time again and went to Boston on his cheating times. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/marine-corps-marathon-bans-runner-who-appears-to-have-cut-corners/2015/11/20/c05ef754-8f41-11e5-934c-a369c80822c2_story.html
Live, learn, have amazing sex, and move on!!  :D - floridagal

Offline radial

• Passed on to another Brane
  • Non Sine Causa
Supposedly Marine Corps is notorious for people cutting the course. I just do not understand the WHY. Yeah, I get the BQ thing, but other than that, WHY? How could you and then be ok with it?

It's too long, they get tired!

Offline Handsome Jack

• The Runners
  • All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

Maybe they want so bad to be part of a community (faster marathoners?) that they are willing to lie to everyone including themselves to gain entry? It's so bizarre. No.one.cares outside of the community of runners, and really - who cares even there/here? It's all about the personal achievement, what you alone consider to be an investment into an achievement you find worthwhile and seeing that through.

friends/acquaintances of Jack: "still running all those miles"?
Jack: yeah
friends/acquaintances of Jack: next topic
Winner of the 2022 Azzhat of the Year award

Offline i am party

• The Runners
10k to 15k split in 14:33. At 61 years old.

:rotfl:

Offline Fionn mac Cumhail

• The Runners
  • El Superbeasto
    • The 44-40s
Maybe they want so bad to be part of a community (faster marathoners?) that they are willing to lie to everyone including themselves to gain entry? It's so bizarre. No.one.cares outside of the community of runners, and really - who cares even there/here? It's all about the personal achievement, what you alone consider to be an investment into an achievement you find worthwhile and seeing that through.

friends/acquaintances of Jack: "still running all those miles"?
Jack: yeah
friends/acquaintances of Jack: next topic

It's not fast enough to be in with fast marathoners, and your friends don't know what a fast or slow time is anyway!

+-SUPPORT US