Forum > Running

Lost my racing mojo

(1/5) > >>

roadstrailstris:
I've been doing road races and triathlons for years, and I used to love the whole thing- loved putting together training plans, doing the training, and competing in the races. Lately, I just don't feel it. I hated doing the last two half marathons I've run- didn't really enjoy the training or the actual race. I'm doing a short tri this morning and am kind of looking forward to it, but not that much. I still enjoy working out six days a week, but not training for an event so much. How do I get my racing mojo back?

wherestheportojohn:
Stop entering events for awhile.
Run and bike and swim for the fun and fitness aspects.

:heartbeat: {{rtt's mojo}}}

caito:
I kind of feel the same way. I love training and will always run most days, but I'm just not into planning for races.  Too much hassle, I'd rather just run.   

I do want to train for a fall marathon though.

Ice Cream:
I saw your thread about the accident. I did not want to read it...  too scary.

I know what you are talking about, too. I like to run 6 days/week, but I have long long given up on detailed training plans and gearing up for races, etc. 

What I do instead is pick a marathon (if I feel like it) and just do some long runs in the twelve-week period leading up to it, gradually increasing mileage.  I do not bother with anything else like speed work and building up mileage and the stuff that training plans are made up with. I just do what I like for the rest of the time.
I have no expectations for my finishing times, either. I tend to have natural speed, when comparing myself to my age groups over the years (decades).

What I do know is that triathlon training is very demanding in terms of training.  I only did half ironman races, when I was into tris, but I got out of the tris because of the demands of the training in each sport. Plus, I was becoming a slow runner and I did not enjoy how difficult running became.

Just my two cents. I just do what I want to do each day, without much of a grand plan.

Plugging Along:
I like the race atmosphere, especially the longer ones.

Sometimes I don't know if I want to run the race.
I'll go to the race and make a last minute decision
of entering the race or volunteering at a water station.

The out of town road trip is what I really look forward to.
The race is the excuse to hit the road.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version