Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Running / Re: Boston Marathon: The Deluge
« Last post by diablita on Today at 01:04:47 PM »
Really great race report and great effort
Food / Re: What cookware brand do you have?
« Last post by diablita on Today at 12:43:31 PM »
Same here last year when we hit our 16th anniversary but it was a Calphalon non-stick set we had been gifted.  We were pretty lucky it lasted as long as it did given that it was non-stick.  I've replaced it with odds and ends as well: found a good deal on some All Clad and Calphalon pieces in kitchen stores mostly.
Running / Re: Boston Marathon 2018 Race Report
« Last post by Arrojo on Today at 12:35:03 PM »
Hey great report Arrojo! Very interesting to see your gear discussion, seems like yours worked pretty well--the best innovation I noticed was a guy wearing an inverted bubble wrap bag with holes cut out for his head and arms. Simple, water proof, and maybe even insulated. Figured he had to be an engineer or something.

Have a good recovery and enjoy your final marathon next month, but no doubt you'll be on the sprint circuit for years ahead.   

Thanks Coyote!  It doesn't take much analyses to see that cold weather runners fared much better in this race than others - from the elites all the way down to riff raff like me. Which makes Taxes girl Rochey's race even more impressive. 

Bad.  Ass.

Takes one to know one.  ;)
Another one

http://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/latest-news/belgian-rider-jeroen-goeleven-dies-sleep-aged-25-376761

"Belgian cyclist Jeroen Goeleven, 25, died in his sleep last night from what initial reports suggest was natural causes, happening only two weeks after Michael Goolaerts suffered a heart attack in Paris-Roubaix.

Goeleven, born on July 4, 1992, raced with the continental team Colbra in 2015, but in recent years with smaller teams. Only 10 days ago, he won the Limburg time trial title."

Running / Re: **Boston Marathon 2018**
« Last post by RandMart on Today at 11:52:22 AM »
I have one of the 100th Boston bibs.  Off to Boston I go for next year then.   ;)

If it's too wrinkly, just scan it into Photoshop, edit the wrinkles out, and re-print it
Running / Re: Boston Marathon: The Deluge
« Last post by Rochey on Today at 11:34:26 AM »
Nice report!
« Last post by Rochey on Today at 11:33:34 AM »
Do you have a HomeGoods or a TJMaxx type of store near you? You can sometimes get really good deals on high end cookware there.

:!:
Good idea, thanks!
Running / Re: **Boston Marathon 2018**
« Last post by Fast Eddie on Today at 11:32:28 AM »
I have one of the 100th Boston bibs.  Off to Boston I go for next year then.   ;)
« Last post by Run Amok on Today at 11:32:24 AM »
I find that the non-stick stuff seems to last a few years, so I have stopped bothering to spend any money on it. I just buy whatever from tjmaxx and then ditch them every few years. I find that I need a small sautee and a large sautee. All my other pots are stainless steel.
Running / Re: The 2018 Boston Marathon
« Last post by Fast Eddie on Today at 11:30:41 AM »
Kudos Ellen.   :bow2:

Can't imagine being out there in those conditions for 5+ hours.   :e)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10